Menu
Living in Sanya
Nov 14, 2005 00:26
I visited many places in China in the last 10 years.

I just returned home (USA) after spending three weeks in Sanya (Dadonghai) and I fell in love with the whole place! I like Yalong Wan and Sanya Wan, but I felt most 'at home' in Dadonghai and the immediately surrounding area.

I noticed the rapid modernization of the entire region: it will be a great place to be.

I seriously consider buying an apprtment there, to stay in the 'winter' season, and I looked at a few. I believe that Shanhaitian, for instance, will become one of the most beautiful residences there. For the ones I like, the prices are high, but 'manageable'.

I hope there is some basic (and not so basic) advice one can (please) give me regarding first or second hand real estate buying in there, and particularly on concerns foreigners should address?

One more thing: I'm not chinese and as a 'foreigner', I have some basic concerns about safety and also the potentail crime in the area. Can anyone provide me with some information on this subject.

Regards,

VM
Nov 14, 2005 00:34
E-mail test: I love Sanya!
Nov 14, 2005 02:09
  • CALIFORNIA
I love sanya,especially Yalong Bay:-)I spent 7 days in there!

Nov 14, 2005 09:01
  • WHEEL
Hello Greenmountain,
Yes i am told foreigners can now own real estate in Sanya. I have wintered there for the past two winter vacations. I like it very much although i had my pocket picked in a busy market.
The taxi drivers are brutal and one should predetermine the rates in advance.The beaches are beautiful and the weather fabulous.

Jan 27, 2006 03:30
  • GEORGEGUO
I have bought an apt in Sanya, 2 min walking distance to the Sanya Bay. I Love it. If you want to buy, send me email yahoo.com|georgeguo2001. I can check with my real estate agent. She is a very nice lady helped me finish all the paper works remotely.

Let me know your requirement for the apt., size, decoration, and budget.
Jan 27, 2006 14:19
  • PETRA
what a place! absolutely place to visit and all who would like to visit sanya should do it now before island is going to be like canary islands. you who own appartament, i envy you.... especially now when it is winter in my country. lucky you ; )
cold and windy rgds petra
Feb 9, 2006 10:14
  • JEANNE2154
I just bought 2 apartment in sanya, I fall in love of this city, now I know well how to buy in china.
as foreigner you can buy it, no problem, you should pay the total of the price, can not get a credit. please tell me your budget, then I can recommend to you.
the photo is my residence swiming pool ( in Sanya Bay, Lanhai residence)
my email; hotmail.com|jeanne2154
Nov 24, 2006 13:41
  • CHARLSREN
I am a Chinese young man living in Sanya.I hope to make friends with all the friends.Welcome to Sanya,I also like here,although I am from Shanghai city.connect me:hotmail.com|charls_ren
Nov 24, 2006 14:18
  • CHARLSREN
I live in Dadonghai,too.But I can speak little English.
Jan 18, 2008 01:13
GUESTHOPE Can you speak Chinese?
There are many foreigners and also many chinese in Sanya.
May 23, 2008 01:43
GUEST55658 are there any English schools in Sanya specially for a 8 Year Old.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Living in Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code