Menu
INDIA - CHINA Relationship (Your suggesion, please)
Nov 17, 2005 05:39
  • GIREESHAKS
Hi Friends,
I like China as a Communist Country. I like the people of China, because they are hard workers; as I come to know.

How do you think about Relationship between India and China after INDO-CHINA war?

One of my friend was Visited a Bank in Guangzhou (Guangdong Province) to change the "Euro Currency to China RMB". After seeing my friend (Who is Indian), the bank employee told him that “See you are Indian and we don't have good relationship India, so I can not give you the Chinese Currency"

Again my Indian Friend replied “I have Visa of Your (China) country, then how come you are not giving Chinese currency to me; even after showing my passport and Visa"

Even though, that bank Employee was not given Chinese Currency to him. Any how he was managed with Indian Hotels in Guangzhou.

Now tell me, how you feel about the relationship between INIDA and CHINA.

Why some of the people in China, still treating India as a Enemy Country?

If you have information or suggestions, please feel free to write me.
My email ID : hotmail.com|gireesha_ks OR
yahoo.co.in|gireesha_ks

Thanks & regards
Gireesha.KS
IT System Administrator
Guangzhou, China
(Now from Bangalore City, Inddia)

Nov 17, 2005 07:59
  • ELCABRON
Hi there,

good question, Im surprised by the rather poor relationships between both neighbouring countries, too. There is no official border pass between China and India.....

I guess the main reason lies in the past,as geostrategical objects. Both countries were eager to get as much ground of the Himalaja as possible. In fact they are still quarreling about the borders and dont accept todays lines. A part of Ladakh/northern Kashmir is under chinese control(Aksay Qin, they call it), but India claims it as part of their country (while the southern part of Kashmir is the reason for troubles between Pakistan and India). The same but the other way round is about parts of the Indian provinces of Arunchal Pradesh and Sikkim, where China claims property......

Another reason could be that both countries see each other as rivals on the economical side. Both countries have a strong economical growth over the last years....maybe it is a "Future No.1 of Asia" thinking, I dont know.

Both problems could be solved easily and working together as partners is always better. Both countries share some of the same problems (like high population...)

Would be interesting to hear some Chinese comments.....
Nov 17, 2005 08:40
  • SNOWBIRD
I like India because their Alphonso mango are the best mangoes in the world. I like the Indian people because they leave their full name, occupation, email address and what not in their postings.

By quoting one bad incident which may or may not be true, the Indian claim that some people in China still treating India as enemy country.

I asked : "Which some people in China are you talking about?"

I say : Please don't make sweeping political statements. It create bad feelings.
Nov 17, 2005 09:37
  • CALIFORNIA
I can't believe that the bad thing happened to your friend!
India and China as two of the largest population country and developing country,we should have more chances to cooperation,and believe each other.
After the war,we have bifurcation on borders and Tibet problem,I think we should do more communication!
As Premier Wen said:we are friends!

Nov 17, 2005 10:00
  • PINETREE
Gireshaaks,
I think that Bank staff was playing a trick on you or he was too personal and acting against the Bank's policy !!
As far as we can observe, Sino-Indian relationship has always been good except for a short period of time in history. As a matter of fact, China's relationship with all her neighbours have generally been good - except Russia for a while & Japan, of cos.
So cheer up.
Nov 17, 2005 10:10
  • GIREESH
It is disheartening to see such things happen. Leave aside the political issues. Why not we people behave well to each other ? It is foolish to think that one is Indian, the other is Chinese, etc. We all are human beings after all !
Nov 17, 2005 10:19
  • ELCABRON
Pinetree, you forgot VIETNAM.
Nov 17, 2005 17:12
  • SNOWBIRD
Dear Gireeshaks - How do we people behave well to each other when you talk about Chinese treating your Indian friend badly. I'm sure you make up this story. You condemn chinese with one bad incident. Be more diplomatic when you are in a "enemy" territory.
Nov 17, 2005 18:07
  • PINETREE
Hahaha, Gireeshaks !! Don't bother much about this sort of things. It does happen everywhere - not just because you are Indian.
Enjoy your stay in China and if this problem persists leave the country or try to be like Michael Jackson - change your colour !!
Nov 17, 2005 18:42
  • MAY001
I can't believe a clerk in bank could say that words. And I think most of chinese are kind to India. Just normal relationship.
Nov 17, 2005 20:16
  • CONNY129
I feel sorry to hear such an incredible thing happened on your friend ,if it is ture ,the bank clerk would be warned even fired most probably.Everyone is client when he entered in the bank ,no matter which country he came from ,he should deserve the services which the bank offered.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: INDIA - CHINA Relationship (Your suggesion, please)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code