Menu
Wanted Taiji instructor to India
Nov 18, 2005 07:10
  • PINETREE
Wow, never knew that you could be interested and probably an exponent of Taiji.
Yes, have read about Indian martial arts. But don't think it is the mother of all martial arts though SHaolin martial arts progressed to a different level because of an exponent from India.
Nov 18, 2005 07:55
  • GIREESHAKS
Hey SnowBird,
Still you are confusing with the name Gireesh.
The person who is asking about Tai Chi Marsha Arts is "Mr.Gireesh Nambiyar, from Kerala Province in India".

The person told you about Bank incident is "Mr.Gireesha Keelanapura Shivann, from Bangalore city of Karnataka Province in INDIA" and that is me, GIREESHAKS.

I was staying in GZ and I will come to GZ again for my work.
But that fello Mr.Gireesh Nambiyar is new to GZ.

OK, I think you got it.

If u have any confusion, please feel free to send a mail. My email id is : hotmail.com|gireesha_ks

Thanks & regards
Gireesha.KS
from Bangalore City, INDIA
Nov 18, 2005 09:48
  • GIREESH
Hi Snowbird:

I am not too sure about that remark whether it is the mother of all martial arts or not. I do agree that an Indian hermit played a good role in developing martial arts in Shaolin Temple (Bodhidharma or Da Mo) but I have also heard that the Shaolin monks used to practice some form of martial arts EVEN BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL; however, no documented history is available for the same.

But when you go deep into the Indian fighting system (hereinafter referred to as "Kalari" - meaning school where martial arts are taught) you will find that it was prevalent in India 1000s of years before Shaolin kung fu originated. All these statements are debatable.

I am NOT CLAIMING that Indian system originated first. It needs to be explored further to arrive at a conclusion.

Even if Da Mo was responsible for introduction of martial arts in China, the Chinese people took those to higher levels which even he himself could not have imagined ! Such is the contribution given by the Chinese to this aspect of life.

To sum up, I strongly believe that India and China have a Rich culture and it is the duty and responsibility of all (irrespective of nationality) to develop and maintain the contributions of our ancestors.

Praying for world peace,

Gireesh Nambiar
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wanted Taiji instructor to India
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code