Menu
Forum Announcement: No personal attack please
Nov 23, 2005 20:56
  • PINETREE
Catherine,
Are you and your team investigating into this Impostor incident pl ??
Nov 23, 2005 21:11
  • SNOWBIRD
Aiya, Pinetree... I think the computer is pulling a fast one on you. You know the computer highway is so congested nowadays. Things like this always happen. No imposter, lah!! I think so, leh! Catherine is so busy with her other work. Don't worry lah! With all your screaming, the imposter have already take cover!! maybe already take a plane to Timbuktu!! haha...

Nov 26, 2005 02:53
  • PINETREE
To WOCCA :

There are many ways to get people on the net annoyed at you, even if you are usually a polite person.

The worst problem is something called "KEYBOARD BRAVERY". When you are sitting comfortably in front of your computer, safe from the world, it is often tempting to write a message that is so harshly phrased that it is insulting. Everybody has, at times, felt like writing a scathing message.

The usual explanation for this behavior is, "I'm just telling people what I think!" or "I'm only being honest!" Well, that may be true, but if you are not careful, you can offend somebody, and that can start an argument that benefits nobody.

If you frequently get into nasty debates, you should visit a search engine and look for the word "Netiquette". Much has been written about the importance of behaving diplomatically while online.

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?pp=&i=14042&p=2#top
Nov 26, 2005 08:18
  • PINETREE
CATHERINE | -General- | 2005-11-22 19:46:11 GMT-6 Reply Back

Dear all members,

Recently we've found some name-callings and persoanl attack in the forum. Such behavior will be neither welcomed nor tolerated. Posts violate this rule will be removed immediately as a warning.

Let's call on a peaceful, friendly and harmonious atmosphere here in TravelChinaGuide Forum!

Sincerely,

Forum Moderator
Nov 26, 2005 19:44
  • SNOWBIRD
And to all you smart guys here :

1. If you can't accept other people's opinion, don't start a thread.

2. If you dare to comment on anybody's thread, be prepared for a rebuttal.

3. If everybody shares the same opinion, there is no necessity to have a Forum.

4. The Forum will be a healthier place if people don't poke their nose into other people's ass.

5. A comment in any thread can be good and it also can be bad. A bad response does not signify a battle cry. It is merely an opinion. remember that!!

6. Don't ever think you are right and everybody else are wrong.
Nov 26, 2005 21:05
  • SNOWBIRD
I am not going to explain myself any more and neither will I comment on how the Forum should be.

The faculties of some people are just not there. They have to grow up. I may have to go down to their level just to think along the same line. haha!!

Nov 27, 2005 04:30
  • SNOWBIRD
Dear Boys,

Nov 27, 2005 05:10
  • SNOWBIRD
Davey Boy Smith born in London. Study in same school as Mr. Bean. Both are entertainers, one in the films and the other in the ring.

Nov 27, 2005 05:14
  • SNOWBIRD
George Best, the world's greatest footballer. Born in Belfast in 1946. Played for Manchester United in the English League. Succumb to alcoholism and died on Nov 25, 2005. Sad day for the British.

Nov 27, 2005 17:03
  • GAZ07
I think it's great that Snowbird is interested in Britain. Just as i'm interested in China!

The British Bulldog (Davey Boy Smith) was born in Golborne, within 10 miles from my house.

George Best was arguably one of the best footballers (soccer players) in the world, although most people believe that is Pele of Brazil.

Wocca, you are probably more of a rugby fan, but Brett Emerton and Lucas Neill play for the local team i support (Blackburn Rovers) and are an integral part of the Aussie soccer team!

Let's keep our differences out of the new threads.

Peace,
Gaz

Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Forum Announcement: No personal attack please
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code