Menu
Trip to Shanghai / Hangzhou in Dec.
Nov 27, 2005 21:39
  • CAIFENG
intend to travel to Shanghai / Hangzhou / Suzhou in mid-Dec. How's weather during that time ? Anyone heard of Xitang (near Shanghai / Hangzhou) ? How is it like ?
Nov 27, 2005 22:18
  • CONNY129
wet ,cold and windy ,prepare heavy cloth for yourself
Nov 27, 2005 22:41
  • CALIFORNIA
I went to shanghai last Dec,and it is not very cold!But you know,in winter,the weather changed so fast,you must take more warm clothes......

Yes,Xitang is famous!and there are many little water town near shanghai,you can go there!For example,Xitang,Wuzhen,Luzhi,Nanxun,Tongli and Zhouzhuang......

Have a nice trip!

Nov 30, 2005 04:37
  • ELLYSE
Xitang is a good water village to go to, try to stay overnight. I've been there twice recently (early Sep and mid Nov) and stayed overnight both times.
Weather... cold but not freezing yet. I'm studying in Shanghai.
Nov 30, 2005 05:02
  • CLARENCE
Hi Ellyse I sent you a message asking you how to get to Xitang from Shanghai a couple of weeks back. Have you received?

Anyway what do I do to get to Xitang? Is it possible to be back to Shanghai within the same day? I think I asked more questions but i forgot already hehehe. Do check to see if you have receive my message thanks!

Clarence
Nov 30, 2005 17:31
  • ELCABRON
Around the end of Dec last year (Western New Year) it got freezing cold. I had snow in Shanghai!!!!
Nov 30, 2005 19:00
  • CALIFORNIA
Really???Elcabron,it was a white christmas,good!

To Clarence:
There was a Travelling Centre in "80000 audiences stadium",and they have buses to go to every water towns,including xitang!

Nov 30, 2005 21:07
  • ELLYSE
I've replied you already, Clarence. BTW, the bus that California recommends is exactly the one that I don't really like.
Nov 30, 2005 21:09
  • CALIFORNIA
Can you recommend a good one for us???
Nov 30, 2005 21:56
  • CLARENCE
Ellyse: I didn't receive leh....can send me again? hehehe :P
Dec 1, 2005 03:45
  • ELLYSE
Bleh. Fine, I shall reiterate here instead. To get to Xitang from Shanghai (assuming you're not going to take the direct tourist bus from the Shanghai Stadium, or an extravagant taxi), you need to get to Jiashan first.
You have a choice of train or bus. Trains are available from Shanghai Meilong station (near Jinjiang Park metro station, line 1) or more frequently at the Shanghai main train station. Hard seat from the Shanghai main train station is about 8-16 RMB and soft seat about 13-24 RMB. Luxury buses are available at either the long-distance bus station near Shanghai main train station or Xujiahui, hourly; I prefer the latter as the buses there are faster and slightly cheaper (23 RMB). Both train and bus take about 1-1.5 hours to get to Jiashan from Shanghai.
From Jiashan, you have a choice of taking a minibus (4 RMB, 5-min frequency) or taxi (20-30 RMB per taxi, not per person) for the 20 min journey.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Trip to Shanghai / Hangzhou in Dec.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code