Menu
DVD: Learn to speak Chinese? Help!
Jul 2, 2004 21:03
  • SASHA
OK, now I need some real help from all of you, boys and girls!

I'm searchin online for best DVD or other school of learning Chinese language, so what do you think, which one is the best and most helpful?

Thanks in advance!

Salle,
Bosnia
Jul 3, 2004 00:05
  • JUANJUAN
there r many ways to learn chinese.
u can also go to an university in the city u staying to learn chinese.
or u can employ a university student or a primary school teacher to teach u ..its not expensive..20RMBfor 1hour they will happy:D
Jul 3, 2004 15:28
  • SASHA
Thanks for your reply, but the problem is that I live in Bosnia, Europe, in my city I can't find such a way to learn Chinese, except to get some multimedial school for Chinese language, mostly on DVD. So, my question stays that same, please help!!!
Jul 3, 2004 15:30
  • SASHA
Thanks for your reply, but the problem is that I live in Bosnia, Europe, in my city I can't find such a way to learn Chinese, except to get some multimedial school for Chinese language, mostly on DVD.
So, my question stays that same, please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Salle,
Bosnia, Europe.
Jul 3, 2004 15:35
  • SASHA
Sorry for these miltiple same replies, but after click on "submit" button, new page didn't uploaded, so I treid it again and again ;-)
Jul 4, 2004 18:18
  • INTIANJIN
You an go into google and type in learn chinese online. I searched before and found some sites which let you hear the words to practise. I'm learning Mandarin a little as I go by listening an asking. Before that I learned a little Cantonese. You need to know which chinese dialect you need because somethings are different like thank you and your welcome. Even hello is different depending on where you are.
Jul 5, 2004 21:11
  • JUANJUAN
There must be some chinese in ur city?
they would like to be ur teacher:D
um,,maybe u can put a message on ur local city website or chatroom somewhere to ask if any chinese people wanna teach u chinese.
DVD is not good to learn chinese,neither on internet website..
the most important thing to learn a language is to listen and speak...:D
Jul 6, 2004 15:46
  • JOANNEL
Hi Sasha, I live in Australia in a regional city and am also looking for a good CD course. I am looking to learn Mandarin, because my interest lies in central China where I have recently travelled and hope to go back and teach English in 2006. I have found some good DVD material on the Boomerang site, but am going to do a little more research before I purchase same. Also, every Thursday is discount day on the Boomerang book site, so if you want to order wait until Thursdays. Let me know if you find something really good. I already have a DVD with 300 words and it is very good because a face appears saying the word so you can actually see how the sounds are made with the mouth. Let me know if you would like more information.Bye, Joanne
Jul 7, 2004 09:00
  • DAISY
I think the environment is most important. Sasha, if you have some Chinese friends, I think it would be great helpful to you. Chatting with them if you have time would be better than anything else! There must have the area or street where assemble many Chinese in Bosnia, like the China town. To find a Chinese friend for practice :D

Just my opinion, hope it helps^_^
Jul 8, 2004 19:37
  • JUANJUAN
i agree..u can go to the chinatown to find a friend.or ask them to stick a notice in their stores that a westerner wanna learn chinese.
Jul 9, 2004 10:19
  • DAISY
Yeah, I think it is good for both sides:D
You can improve your Chinese, and he/ she can practise his/ her English, meanwhile you two can gain a good communication on some topic which you are interested:D
Agree?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: DVD: Learn to speak Chinese? Help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code