Menu
www.googleearth.com
Jan 4, 2006 20:32
  • ETHNICEAST
has anyone tried using this software to see your hometown, other country, weather and maybe your friend sun tanning on the balcony, rooftop or backyard? quite cool.. you should check it out.

Jan 4, 2006 23:00
  • MISHEN
Yes, I love Google Earth... some parts of my hometown are very clear, I can see one house where I lived before! Also the Beijing maps are excellent.
Jan 4, 2006 23:28
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,it is a clear one!and even show so much to public,LOL!

Jan 5, 2006 20:10
  • ETHNICEAST
it is good for people who want to see the places or location first before traveling there. especially who always ask about where is this and where is that..now you can find clearly where to go..hopefully not where to drop the bomb!

Jan 5, 2006 20:27
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,it is good for travelling!And some conturies said it was so clear,maby including the army places!LOL!
Jan 18, 2006 20:22
  • ETHNICEAST
i am just wondering how many has tried using this to look for places of travel. any difficulty downloading or viewing places etc., i understand you can look for mosques, hotels, lakes, almost most geographical locations. of course you are using a public internet then maybe you dont want to download. hope to hear from those who did. i understand places in the states you can even view the place at 500 ft high.

Jan 18, 2006 20:52
  • RITA
I tried using it (thanks), but either because the places/cities I was looking for too small or less known, I could not focus on the details as Mishen wrote so clear that he can even see the house he ever lived. I tried many times to zoom in and zoom out...

Or the way i used it not correct..., or I have to pay for some specific functions?
Jan 18, 2006 21:00
  • CONNY129
I tried to use it but resultless .almost every city in China is developing fast ,many architectures are constructed or under construction ,so the map data sometimes is outdated :(
Dec 29, 2007 02:14
GUEST28232 cant wait to try it
Apr 3, 2008 03:03
GUESTRAI i want to be a part of google earth
Apr 3, 2008 16:44
  • IBAUSSIE
I use google earth for many things.
Looking for places to visit,interesting places,mountains,monuments,cities.
Where i have lived or places i have been to around the world.
I know that most if not all of the images viewed are out of date to some degree,months or even years.
I have looked at areas that show no houses or buildings but know for a fact that there are shopping malls and carparks there in reality.
Also looked at places in winter but google images show no snow and vice versa.

If you take what you see as face value and realise the possibility that the image may be out of date,it is a great resource.The maps and street overlays are quite detailed and of course many structures,buildings,geographical sites have been around a lot longer than google so their images wont have changed much since being photographed by google.When traveling around Europe i downloaded street maps and city images to use for directions in that particular region.Very handy.You can upload you own pics of areas visited to the site and view other peoples. Great for checking what is there if you intend to visit.
peter
I use google earth pro version.
peter
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: www.googleearth.com
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code