Menu
minority festivals coming up during the spring festival time
Jan 6, 2006 09:54
  • LOUISA
Kaili is home to over one hundred festivals a year. The most common festival is the lusheng festival held often during spring festiavl and the festival is celebrated by the miao and dong villagers around kaili.
At festival time the miao women wear their stunning sliver jewellery often piling on five or six neck rings at a time as well as chains loins, chest locks and multiple headresses ,silver was originally obtained from melting old coins and girls wear huge horned silver headdresses and crowns with delicate birds and flowers and coins.
festival it's time for the people to get together, provide the opportunity to travel around,socialize,meet friends and kinsfolk and be entertained by singing and the dance. a market is frequently set up during the festival time that allows people to buy much needed goods!
there are some LuSheng Festivals coming up during the spring festival!
date place minority
29-31 Jen villages round kaili miao
6-8 Feb kaili huangping Miao
1-3 Feb lushan kaili miao
7-9 Feb wanchao,lushan ,dafangdong Miao
6 Feb huanxi, guiyang miao
7-11 Feb zhouxi, kaili Miao
8-9 Feb zhouxi,wengdi Miao
9-10 Feb xingguang, zhouxi Miao
12-13 Feb QingMan,wanchao Miao
14-16 Panhai, wanshui Miao
14-15 longchang,wanchao Miao
Dragon lantern festival ,14th Feb, Taijiang, miao.

let your eyes leading you to the countryside where suaround by mountains and rivers,where are you can enjoy homestay with local family in the peaceful village. the villagers worship buffalo,fish,stone and bridge. traveling villages one by one,you will feel extraordinarily splendid customs in such a colourfull place,where you can feel nature strong customa and tradtional life style,the wooden water wheels raise water from the river to the fields.the bull working in the field,villagers grow rise and vegetables,feed pigs, chick,woman catch fish in the fields. speak to the festival kaili has 158 festivals around a year,celebrate by villagers.the villagers fond of dancing and singing. if your timing is right you might be lucky to catch one.that would be great if you can experinence life here in the villages with wooden houses cluster on the edge of the hill sideThe Miao, known as Hmong in the West, is one of the minority groups of China. kaiLi is less tourism place compare other city but exciting place to be!
if you are interested in visist my area not just see real china but also would be willing to teaching some english that can be great experience. i am a local girl in kaili and wold love to meet you up willing to offer some guide services and arrange homestay for you, in return you will give english or french as a faver. you will be teach english by talking and play with my students just one hour ( 15 kids from 4 ---12 years old). i am sure you are going to have good time here!
drop me yahoo.com|chinese_miaogirl
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/louisa
http://www.jolearn.com/louisa.htmlText

Jan 11, 2006 21:09
  • AHMI
thanks for all info abotu festival,is there any festival in march END or april ?,,bye
Jan 11, 2006 21:14
  • CALIFORNIA
Usually,it is last for one monthe in lunar calendar:-)About at the end of Feb in this year!
Jan 12, 2006 22:47
  • ETHNICEAST
i think i should make a trip there...i heard there is also the hani ethnic festival where in a village, everybody dine out making a verylong table line of food. when is this?

Post a Reply to: minority festivals coming up during the spring festival time
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code