Menu
from town to town
Jan 18, 2006 09:46
  • MORCAPALA
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to go from Suzhou to Tongli, from Tongli to Zhouzhuang, and from Zhouzhuang to Hangzhou??? Because i just could find trains going from Suzhou to Hangzhou. But what about small places: are there buses running between them? Are these buses running often? Thanks a lot!
Jan 18, 2006 20:40
  • CALIFORNIA
There was a coach station in Suzhou,and there was a bus from the station to Zhouzhuang,about 1.5 hours!

From Zhouzhuang to Tongli,you can by taxi or boat,it is near!

They are ran often,don't worry!

Have a nice trip!
Jan 19, 2006 19:07
  • CONNY129
there are routine busses run through Suzhou-- Tongli--Zhouzhuang.
from Zhouzhuang to Hangzhou ,you'd better take bus from Zhouzhuang to Suzhou then transfer a train to Hangzhou .
Jan 20, 2006 10:47
  • MORCAPALA
thank you for your information. I keep preparing my trip...in easter. In february i am going to the sunny Hainan. Bye for now!
Jan 20, 2006 10:59
  • CALIFORNIA
Cool,feb. is a best time for Hainan!

And Sanya should be lost!

Enjoy your sunshine in there!
Jan 20, 2006 11:13
  • CALIFORNIA
BTW,Morcapala=Morcopolo,right???

So we have two M.Polo in this forum:-)
Jan 23, 2006 14:28
  • MORCAPALA
yes, California, you're right: Morcapala is just...Marco Polo the other way round!
Why do you say Sanya should be lost? Can you tell me good places in Hainan? I stay 16 days there, and want to move (not going there for the beach, but because it's a sunny part of China, good for winter).
Bye!
Jan 24, 2006 01:13
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Morcapala

Sorry for my mistake of my word,I want to say that you shouldn't lost Sanya:-)

16days in Hainan???Really???You can make a plan for a round travelling in there!

I only stay 2 days in Sanya last time,and I have visited Haikou,Xinlong,Qionghai......

I think you can visit Nanshan Temple,Monkey island(interesting,the monkey was so archness),Bo'ao,Wanquan River,Wuzhi Mount......

So many places!enjoy yourself!

Jan 24, 2006 02:20
  • CONNY129
detail info :
1. Suzhou-Tongli,tourist bus (usually KingLong brand) RMB 7 per person,running hour from 6:00-19:30,leave every 20-30 minutes ,about one hour journey .
2.Tongli-Zhouzhuang ,wait at Tongli Station for pass by bus ,usually leave every 40 minutes ,RMB3 per person ,you'd better ask for the leaving time of bus to Zhouzhuang before you stroll Tongli.
3.Zhouzhuang-Hangzhou ,there are nonstop tourist bus ,but only run in weekend and the number of runs are less :(
Jan 24, 2006 02:37
  • CONNY129
different choices to get to Hangzhou:
1. Zhouzhuang-Shanghai-Hangzhou .there are many buses run between Zhouzhuang and Shanghai ,RMB20 per person on average ,then trasfer to Hangzhou ,if you take a train ,30 pp (hard seat),take a long-way bus cost 60 pp.
2. Zhouzhuang-Kunshan-Hangzhou,tourist bus to Kunshan is about 10 yuan ,then transfer train to Hangzhou ,40 yuan (hard seat)
3.Zhouzhuang-Suzhou-Hangzhou,tourist bus from Zhouzhuang to Suzhou is about 15 yuan ,then transfer train to Hangzhou ,40 yuan (hard seat).

if you perfer soft seat , the price is usually 20-30 yuan higher than hard seat .hard-sleeper or soft-sleeper is 60-120 yuan higher than hard seat.
Jan 25, 2006 09:41
  • MORCAPALA
Dear Conny,
Your information are smashing, thanks a lot!!!
Can you help me for one last thing? Finally i have chosen to go to Suzhou directly when i arrive in China. So do you know if there is a bus going to Suzhou from Shanghai Pudong Airport (I arrive on a sunday morning at 7.30 + time to pick up the lugage+ passport etc...= more or less i should be ready to go around 9.00). Or do i have to go to the train station in the centre of Shanghai?
Bye for now!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: from town to town
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code