Menu
Chinese smokers
Feb 10, 2006 19:20
  • ICEBABY
I am a non-smoker. I find it very difficult to enjoy my meals in the restaurant because too many customers are smoking. Why don't China banned smoking in the restaurants.
Feb 10, 2006 19:22
  • CALIFORNIA
The same to you,I hate this!!!
Feb 10, 2006 22:40
  • PINETREE
I personally think that the banning of smoking in certain areas will come about as a matter of time - starting with enclosed/aircon areas.
Of cos there will be some resistance from the smokers and from the tobacco industry as it is big money involved. With smoking being gradually banned elsewhere in the world, these tobacco companies have to look for new market. Don't be so surprised also if someone comes out with a "survey" that smoking is good for u !!!
Feb 11, 2006 06:29
  • STEPHEN
They will tell you that its good for you. Usualy thummpling their chests.Its cool. Every Movie star smokes! John Travolta is a great actor.Monkey see monkey do.Stephen in Harbin
Feb 11, 2006 08:55
  • MISHEN
Nothing that is banned works in China. Spitting was already banned in the '80s...

With this many people, who could be bothered keeping up that kind of ban on behaviour? I think the only thing that will keep air fresh at restaurants is by dining at restaurants which make a point of enforcing non smoking policies - maybe that could happen, one by one...

Then again, why would a restaurant want to do that? A lot of Chinese people want to smoke when they eat. Most others will not complain even if they don't like it.
Feb 12, 2006 07:41
  • INMEDIC
I think it would not do any good to say something about someone smoking while you are eating because it would not do any good because they would not listen anyway.
Feb 12, 2006 20:38
  • RITA
I agree with you, INMEDIC.

You withstand the smoke and maybe spitting and you got some appetite left, if you try to stop smokers and spitters, you got to withstand smoke and spitting the same way, and your appetite gone.
Feb 13, 2006 08:48
  • DRACULA
I think the price of cigarettes is relatively cheap in China so that is why many chinese smoke. The government should increase the price of cigarettes to discourage the young chinese from taking up this bad habit.
Post a Reply to: Chinese smokers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code