Menu
photos comments
Feb 16, 2006 13:18
  • BARRY1
As I view the photos I have to make a comment.

It would be nice if people could add comments to there photo's so that you knew where the location of the picture was taken, just in case you wanted to visit there. As for some of the outdoor pictures it would also be nice to add the date, this way you can decide what time of the year you would like to visit.
Feb 16, 2006 19:06
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Barry1,

Thanks for your suggestion for our photo album. If you have ever uploaded a pic to this photo album, you must have found that we have provided enough space for members to describe their pic(s). Still we will try our best to improve our service to all travel fanciers.

Community Moderators
Feb 16, 2006 19:41
  • CONNY129
I would love to ,but I dunno why it cost me so much time to upload pics :( usually dozens of pics of mine were shot at the same place and same day ,if I add specific comment on them ,it would out of my patience :(
Feb 16, 2006 20:47
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,good advice!

I don't like add the time to the pics,but I can write it on the space!

Thanks!
Feb 16, 2006 21:12
  • CONNY129
Hi, Cali ,what do you think about the upload speed ? quick ? average ? slow ?
Feb 16, 2006 23:27
It would be good if members post their travelling photos only. We have seen many many other kinds of photos being posted here. Do everyone a favour. Please keep those photos at home.
Feb 17, 2006 01:58
  • JABAROOTOO
All good comments above. Season would be useful but not always relavent.

If you have to use repeat information a good idea is copy and paste!
Feb 17, 2006 02:04
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,conny!The speed wasn't fast!

When I uploaded pics at home,it was slow,and it is average in my office!Maybe it depended on the SP!
Feb 17, 2006 02:17
  • ROGERINCA
I, too, agree that it would be nice to be able to read a little caption or brief description of what the photo depicts and/or what the photographer is trying to convey to the viewer. I think this gives the photographer a great opportunity to provide deeper meaning and enhancement to his/her artistic endeavor.

Moreover, I also agree that most people on this site (both members and those who are visitors/guests) want to see travel and tourism photos and not those “other” photos, member 5566 refers to and which are posted/dumped herein, either to (1) ‘load-up’ the individual’s photo count, and thus attempt to dominate the site; or, (2) to maybe satisfy an individual’s personal agenda. This not only includes the photo albums, but also photos pasted to various forum threads/posts, which have no bearing on the subject and or appear to be juvenile/immature.

I think there are many members here, who consistently post very interesting and captivating photos !! These photos provide all of us a window into regions of China, where maybe we have not yet had the opportunity to visit.

Possibly, the ‘Forum Rules’ should also be extended to include not only guidelines for written submissions, but also for photographic and graphic material too (in albums and posts) and with the provision for the deletion of those photos that are obviously another version of ‘spam’.

Last, we must not forget, this community, and this forum, is not about any one of us as individuals; this venue [exists] for the promotion of travel and tourism in China, through the sharing of our experiences and our collective passion for the China we all love !!
Feb 17, 2006 18:28
  • SABERXLCR
To ALL of you here at TCG:

Show me all your photos and give a bit of knowledge about them, I am continually amazed at the quality, beauty and even the simplest moments of life in the photos!

I am not interested in points or in recognition but I must say that I recognize every name in this posted list! I thank each of you for helping me see and understand China much better.
Feb 17, 2006 19:35
TCG gave you a chance to showcase your literary and photographic talents. Many members have shown their appreciation. This alone is enough recognition for your efforts. Don't make this into a competition just because you all have an added advantage over the casual contributors.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: photos comments
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code