Menu
photos comments
Feb 18, 2006 17:20
  • ROGERINCA
Please be assured, I will respond to yesterday's 'personalized' comment about a "Personal Attack". So stay tuned to this station !!

Feb 18, 2006 19:14
  • UNIONJACK
Travelling photos are what members loved to see. We don't need to see other kinds of photos here. Members who have posted other kinds of photos should have the courtesy to delete them. Please don't treat this as your personal album. Delete them asap.
Feb 19, 2006 00:11
  • ROGERINCA
Now we have become the 'Thread Monitor'!!??

No, I believe this thread is right on Point !!
We are discussing 'our' views on the subject of photos/comments. As photos are such an important component of this site, this really is a very relevant and interesting issue to fully explore and understand. Moreover, it is my undestanding that there will be some new, more stringent, guidlines on photos coming down the pipe-line here very soon !! Gosh !! Can't wait !! By the way, am still working on my other reply, but you know with busy career, and three kids here, and wife in China, and such, there is just so much time in the day to devote to this. But I always try to do my best, for God, Country, China, and the TCG !!!
Feb 19, 2006 17:12
  • ROGERINCA
Earlier today, I had prepared, and was ready to articulate a very strong response to what I felt was a continuing, annoying and aggressive pattern of behavior on the part of another individual; however, thanks to the [influence] today, of a very kind ‘spirit’ member (CALIFORNIA) here on this site, I have reduced my comments of response to the very minimum herein, to thus make my point and then move forward. I am doing this because it is easy to let another’s negativity and divisiveness, be a catalyst which can cause one to be drawn into that same undercurrent of negativity, which is not healthy for one’s self, nor the remainder of the community as a whole.
Respective of that recent post on this thread: A “personal attack” is a criticism of another, wherein that individual is identified by name or member name. I used neither in my post, unlike what was used in the response by the other member in his title head-line. I expressed my opinion and point of view, regarding a meaningful subject, regarding the content and posting of photographs on this site. If another member does not agree with another’s point of view, then debate the issue with civility; don’t be so aggressively quick to pounce on others, just because you do not like or agree with what they opine.

This is a Chinese national site which in effect, is a very large traveler’s window into China. Accordingly, we must all be respective of our hosts on this site. We must also remember that what we post on this site, has the potential to greatly impact the image of China; so therefore, one should be careful to maintain a respective, positive (not negative) and mature outlook, when speaking of this great nation, its people, and all it has to offer to the traveler/tourist. I believe this to be true, not only with what we articulate in writing, but also in the images we convey, in photographs (and graphics) herein, which when posted, are here for all the [world] to see.

Finally, as mentioned above, thank you CALIFORNIA, for providing me with the epiphany today, through your posting of “TOP10 Most Worthy Small Cities in China“. Your words and your [extraordinary] photos, are the basis, of what this site is really all about !!!! And thanks to you, too, CONNY, as I always remember your words about “peace”…..I think we are all truly fortunate to have the opportunity to be affiliated with this site, and thus be blessed with the gift of love and understanding of China :) :)
Feb 19, 2006 17:27
  • DRACULA
Maybe we should just sit back and enjoy those photos posted here. Whether they are students or somebody's girlfriend does not matter. It certainly is a waste of time and energy trying to tell members what kind of photos to post.
Feb 19, 2006 19:24
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your valuable opinions and suggestions to photo album and forum!! Now TCG community is brewing some changes. So your words here are really precious. We'll consider your suggestions and opinions deeply and try our best to make all of you satisfy!
Thanks again for your suggestions!

Best regards,
Community Moderators
Feb 19, 2006 19:35
  • CALIFORNIA
To Siva:

QUOTE:"Now TCG community is brewing some changes."

Looking forward to it~~~~~~

Feb 20, 2006 01:07
  • ROGERINCA
To Siva, Thank you and the other staffers for your understanding and fair and balanced approach to your duties as Moderators here.

A lot of members really (sincerely) appreciate it !!
Feb 20, 2006 02:40
  • PINEWOOD
The moderators are doing a great job. It sure ain't easy to make everybody smile.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: photos comments
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code