Menu
Can we live without a cellphone?
Feb 19, 2006 20:20
  • RITA
It seems that we are becoming more and more dependent to a cellphone.
Have you ever experienced an antsy day/night because you forgot to take the baby with you to work or forgot to take it back home after work?

My problems with a cellphone are:

1, My parents call me frequently, whenever my phone switched off or the battery just run out, they would be nervous that something might happened to me. :(

2, I hate loud cellphone music, of all kinds...

3, I don't like unoriginal messages that are not typed by the senders, usually I do not return uniform greeting messages that have traveled maybe around the whole country, and I thought that would be deemed as "impolite"...

4, Ads

5, Jokes, there are gems among the flood of joke messages, but soooo hard to get one..., in order not to get drowned by the flood before find a real 'gem', I never show any interests of getting one from around in the first place...

6, I guess many people have the experience that when calling somebody else, you feel clearly him/her counting seconds and trying to cut it before another minute starts, because he/ she has to pay for receiving calls, then you'll never be in the mood calling this person again...

I am going to abandon a cellphone in no time, truly.
Feb 19, 2006 20:23
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,rita,

Actually,I can't now!!!

Feb 19, 2006 20:28
  • CONNY129
oh ,I cann't :(

Actually , I'm thinking of buying a new one for myself .
Feb 19, 2006 21:19
  • FIREFOX
A cellphone is something you don't really need but now it becomes something you can't do without. Even if you are travelling in the mountains, you hope there is reception. Otherwise you will feel so lost and so isolated. Aaaahhhhhhh!!!
Feb 20, 2006 02:03
  • ROGERINCA
Great travel topic !!! I am amazed at how many people in China, have and use cell phones now !!
I have even observed some Chinese business men, in restaurants, with two phones in hand, one to each ear, conducting business !!

Moreover, I am amazed at how very good cellular phone cell-site coverage is in most Chinese cities !!! I have fewer ‘dropped’ calls, and overall better reception in China, than I do in many places, here in America (California).

I have two mobile phones for use when I travel in China. One is my quad-band that I use at home and which works automatically in China, just as if I was still in the US; however it is more expensive to use while roaming away from home. And the other, is an inexpensive, 900 single band phone that has a local (China Mobile) SIM card in it for local calls within China, to keep the cost down. I keep the SIM always charged with minutes, so I can maintain the same local (Guangzhou) phone number at all times.

I don’t know how I ever managed to get by, before the advent of the cellular mobile phone !!?? It is such an indispensable [tool] in life these days, both in work and for personal use :) :)
Feb 20, 2006 02:12
  • PINETREE
Days without cellphone are now over for good. For those who have expereinced without and with cellphones, the feeling is quite mixed.
Without the cellphone, lives moved at a much slower but otherwise ( I thought ) enjoyable pace. With cellphone, communication is much faster and efficient. But this leads to a more complicated ( not necessarily worse) lifestyle.
We are now on 24 hrs working shift as we can be contacted anytime and almost anywhere in the world - and without overtime pay,etc !
However once we reach this stage we are used to it & cannot imagine living without the cellphone.
Feb 20, 2006 02:17
  • BIRDSHIT
The first cellphone looks like a brick and weighs equally heavy. It is a great tool and can be used as a weapon.
Feb 20, 2006 02:27
  • CONNY129
one person with two mobile phones is quite a common scene, not only business man but also many students have two phones in hand ,for those students ,mostly ,they just want to keep the cost down not really have many business to deal with :P
Feb 20, 2006 02:59
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't know how many people use cellphone now!And it seems strange that you have no cellphone!
Feb 20, 2006 03:06
  • CONNY129
It is no exaggeration to say that even a junkman has a cell phone in hand in China.
Feb 20, 2006 03:09
  • CALIFORNIA
I agree with you!

I have met one beggar was sending shout messages!So rich!!!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can we live without a cellphone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code