Menu
The Best of Chinese Food?
Feb 21, 2006 19:33
  • SABERXLCR
I have had “Asian/Chinese Food” in several places I have traveled. Most of it is good but I want to ensure that I sample all the best local dishes in the Mainland. I enjoy great flavor/texture and I like it spicy at times. I dislike food that is angrily staring at me; I do not like dishes with lots of bones in it and animals that I do not recognize as food.

Can you please tell me a bit about the dishes in the regions you have sampled or are famous for? I liked several postings on here about it (Peking Duck) and but would like to know what to look for when I am there! Please help!
Feb 21, 2006 19:53
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Saberxlcr,

GOod topic,I love eating!I don't think there was a best food in the world.I love chinese dishes,also love spanish and italian food:-)

IMO,I love Northeast dishes in China,it is my hometown.If you go to the northeast,you should try to taste Dong Bei Lun Dun,Chai Gu Rou,Gou Bao Rou,Dou Jiao Dun Tu Dou,Mu Er,La Pin,Machurian Hot Pot......

Enjoy them!

Feb 21, 2006 19:54
  • MAY001
Sichuan cuisine must be a good choice for you! They are spicy and tasty. What's more, never a fish in the dish gazing at you!
Ma Po bean curd, Gongbao chicken cubes,fried shredded pork with Sweet and sour sauce, etc. etc.
Enjoy!

Feb 21, 2006 20:09
  • CONNY129
which cities will you stay in China ?
there are different cuisines in different cities.
Feb 21, 2006 21:42
  • PEA28COCK
Quote: Dong Bei Lun Dun,Chai Gu Rou,Gou Bao Rou,Dou Jiao Dun Tu Dou

Hi, California, I love them, too, especially Chai Gu Rou. :)
Feb 21, 2006 22:01
  • CONNY129
hotpot is recommended no matter which city you go :P
Feb 22, 2006 00:05
  • ROGERINCA
Chinese Cuisine......My favorite topic !!

I agree with all of the posts here !! Now you have made me hungry, thank God there are many good Chinese restaurants in my city, to hold me over, until my next trip to China in April !!

I love the spicy Sichuan style cooking, but I also love the other Chinese 'Schools' of cooking too !! Plan on putting on the lbs. or kg's while in China :) :)

Hot Pot on a cold winter night is pure delight and it will warm the Soul !! I recently read a post in another forum from a Chinese-American resident of San Francisco. He said that you could consume the most spicy and most heated Chinese food to be found in America, and it would be like eating a plate of food cooked in common "Ketchup," when compared to some of the very spicy dishes of Sichuan Province !!!

Feb 22, 2006 00:28
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,peacock,miss home now~~~~~~

Before I came to Beijing,I have never aten Sichuan dishes,too hot for me!When I lived in there,many Sichuan restaurant,and now!I am good at eating hot dishes!!!

Feb 22, 2006 00:43
  • ROGERINCA
OK !! Here's the Hot Pot !!!

Feb 22, 2006 00:50
  • CONNY129
each desent restaurant would have some dishes recommended , mostly it won't disappint you if you order one or two of them :P
Feb 22, 2006 01:00
  • BABYTIGER
The word "Chinese Food" is a famous brand name worldwide. Lovers of chinese food will head straight into any restaurant with this name. You can see these Chinese restaurants from USA to the Bahamas. The name sells the food...good marketing tool.... haha
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The Best of Chinese Food?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code