Menu
RESPECT
Feb 23, 2006 23:07
  • SUNBIRD
In every relationship, in every community and in the world, we must have respect for each other.

Respect for our parents and respect for the elders.

We respect each other's views and opinions and lived side by side in total harmony.

However, in life it is not so ideal. There is always a chance for things to go wrong.

How do you avoid a conflict?
Feb 23, 2006 23:49
  • RITA
Hi Sunbird,

I think the best way to avoid conflicts is not to afraid of it in the first place, and next to it - not to offend others purposefully, if you do offend others undesignedly, a timely apology is obligatory.

***A prerequisite of all the above is to respect others. If you are attacked or offended, try to give the opposite party an opportunity to explain, maybe s/he did not mean it. As we already talked about in another thread about cultural/ language barriers, quite some of the misunderstandings are caused by that(as in community like this one, it is multi-cultural one), so giving people a chance to explain is 'diplomatic'. never block the way people may step BACK with a warm 'sorry', and that's OUR chance, too.

Let all of us be friends:-)
Feb 24, 2006 00:37
  • PINETREE
SunBird,
This is easier said than done. I think a lot of people know how to preach respect for others but this is more than often overriden by various other selfish considerations. Else there won't be so much conflicts and attacking of each others' views and properties.
I don't think there is anyway to avoid conflict in the real world. In the real world, the strongest win and whatever faults they may have will be overlooked and forgotten. U can even change history books to reflect what you did in your own version !!
What do you say ?
Feb 24, 2006 00:52
  • SUNBIRD
Most people cannot handle different opinions. The idea is to show respect and not to let the different opinions escalated into a conflict.

We have seen so much happenings in recent news.

The keyword is RESPECT.

Feb 24, 2006 02:26
  • RITA
You reap what you sow.
Feb 24, 2006 02:46
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Rita,

I agree with you:-)If you respect others,the others will respect you!!!
Feb 24, 2006 20:23
  • DRACULA
If you are arrogant, you will not win the respect of your friends and the community. Be humble and you will win everyone's respect.

Feb 24, 2006 21:04
  • INMEDIC
Hi, I think the best wat to avoid conflict is to tell her yeas all the time. ha ha No, to be serious, if you respect the other person and treat everyone you meet the way you want to be treated, there should be no problem..
Feb 26, 2006 04:28
  • CHENLI
Respect, and then be respected.
Love, and then be loved.
Feb 26, 2006 18:23
  • INMEDIC
Sunbird is right, everyone should have respect for each other but with human vanity and mistrust it is hard.

I just got married to a wonderful Chinese woman and I have respect and consideration for her and her culture and she has respect for mine.

I have been in martial arts for some years so I have a little knowledge of Asian culture for some time.

The way I try to avoid conflict is to calmly try and talk it out.

Feb 26, 2006 19:18
  • CHAMPY
hi Sunbird!!!
i guess that not doing to others what u would not like them doing to yourself is also a way to sow respect!!!
and i also believe that there are as many opinions as people in this world and we MUST try to respect them all, in way or another anyone has a reason to act/thing like s/he does.
:)
Post a Reply to: RESPECT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code