Menu
Travel help offered
Mar 5, 2006 02:36
  • ELLYSE
I'm currently studying in Shanghai Conservatory of Music and I've travelled widely in China for the past 2.5 years. I'd like to offer help finding suitable accommodation for travellers around China and can also help with other travel arrangements eg guiding, airport transfers and train/plane/other tickets. I don't do this for a living, politeness and good manners are very much appreciated. Please message/email me at ellyse99ATyahoo.com (substitute AT with @ please, it's only to stop spammers) if you're interested. Thank you. :)
Mar 6, 2006 11:55
  • SUZYCHI
Hi,

I'd like to travel independently around China. I'd like to see Beijing, Xian and Tangtze cruise but am a bit concerned about my lack of knowledge of Chinese language. I would like a guide/friend to help me in each city I visit. Can you help?
Mar 7, 2006 02:14
  • ELLYSE
Awww, it's a pity you're not coming to Shanghai, or I could bring you around. I did offer to go along for Beijing and Xi'an but it seems that you've already dismissed that possibility due to budget reasons.
Actually, the best thing that you could bring to alleviate your language problems would be a phrasebook... and also plenty of patience. A smile on your face goes a long way in many situations.
Could you drop me an email at the address I specified above please? I think it'll be easier to communicate by email. Thanks.
Mar 10, 2006 04:56
  • ALLIM
Hi Ellyse,
We're are planning to travel from Shanghai to Hangzhou and from Putousan to Shanghai. Since you're the expert, could help us with the following:
1) what is the cost of the train ticket from Shanghai to Hangzhou
2) from Hangzhou to Ningbo, which is the best way
3) where can we arrange the boat ticket from Ningbo to Putousan to Shanghai
4) do u know any good address for us to sleep for a night in Putousan

4 of us are travelling together.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ailay
Mar 10, 2006 23:45
  • ELLYSE
1) From Shanghai to Hangzhou, I recommend taking the trains from Shanghai Meilong train station (beside the Jinjiang Park metro, line 1) instead of from Shanghai main train station. The reason being that the trains from Shanghai Meilong are generally faster, cleaner and also cheaper. Hard seat costs 25 RMB and soft seat costs 40 RMB. Let me know if you need help with getting train tickets.
2) You can take trains to get to Ningbo from Hangzhou. The fastest trains take about 2 hours to get there, hard seat costs 29 RMB and soft seat costs 44 RMB. You can also choose to go to Ningbo from Shanghai directly by train, of course.
3) From Ningbo's north ferry station, you can get a fast ferry ride to Putuoshan for 58 or 70 RMB each. It takes 2.5 hours to reach Putuoshan. The ferries depart hourly from 0630 to 1550 daily.
There're fast ferries back to Shanghai from Putuoshan at 1230 (arriving 0800 at Nanpu bridge) and 1300 (arriving 0815 at Nanpu bridge), 225 RMB per ticket. Slow ferries depart Putuoshan for Wusongkou wharf in Shanghai at 1530 and 1640, arriving at 2000; ticket prices range from 84 to 369 RMB.
4) Sorry, I haven't been to Putuoshan myself, no recommendations.
Apr 2, 2008 03:37
GUEST37214 Hi Ellyse,
I will be visiting Shanghai in May and I want to make a trip to Ningbo.
What is the fastest and easiest way to get there from the Shanghai airport
thanks for your help
Dennis
Apr 2, 2008 12:53
  • ELLYSE
Depending on what time your flight arrives at Shanghai, it might be good for you to connect to a flight going to Ningbo.
So, what time is your flight arriving?
Apr 2, 2008 17:27
  • JOHNFONTANA
Dennis,

Check if and when the Hangzhou Bay bridge will open. It may be another choice from Shanghai/Hangzhou to Ningbo.

Apr 11, 2008 13:46
GUEST11239 Hi Ellyse,

I've a question about going to Putuoshan (from Shanghai). I couldn't find where I could buy the ferry ticket(which is the speed boat one that I need to go to Nanpu bridge to take bus first before changing to ferry). I'm not sure where in town could i buy the ticket or should I go to Nanpu bridge or is there anywhere that I could buy the ticket that's closer to my house (I'm residing in Hongkou qu, studying chinese language at Shanghai Caijing daxue.

Your suggestion is really appreciated.

Chade.
Apr 13, 2008 00:16
  • ELLYSE
Oh, I replied you on email before that post showed up in the forum.
Actually, when I went, I just went on the 2-day tour from Shanghai Stadium instead, as it saved a lot of hassle and was actually very reasonably-priced as well. You should be able to find a similar one at Hongkou Stadium. Our package was about 400+ RMB (don't remember the exact amount, sorry) per person, including Shanghai -- Putuoshan transport, Putuoshan -- Zhoushan transport (have to buy our own onward tickets as we were going next to Hangzhou, not back to Shanghai), the main admission fee (temples cost an extra 20+ RMB, to be paid while on the tour) and a night's accommodation in typical 2-star twin with ensuite.
May 26, 2008 23:58
  • KARLA
Hi Ellyse! I am Karla from Mexico i will be in shangai for 3 days, and a i want to go to:
*Ningbo
*Zhangjiagang city (fenghuang and tangqiao town)
*Taizhou
What option do i have to get there and what wolud be the price ?
I just want to go for the day because i already have were to stay in Shangai
thanxs for helping
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel help offered
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code