Menu
Travel help offered
Aug 28, 2011 20:45
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHRI_ View Post

Hello
This is Shri. I am visiting to NINGBO around sept starting. Need to go from there to Huangyan. Can u pls guide as to how to gothere. I heard the Bullet train wud be a good experience.

PLS let me know which station to catch the train and where to alight. also the rates and how to do the booking.
[huanh...

Do you mean the Huangyan District in Taizhou? If so, you need to go to Ningbo East Railway Station to take the train, get off at Taizhou and then change to a bus or taxi to Huangyan. The first class ticket is rmb55 while the second class ticket is rmb46. You can buy the ticket aftr arriving in Ningbo. If you want to book online in advance, you may book at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/
Aug 31, 2011 01:07
  • JIMMYLEW
Hi Ellysee- I am interested about travel info.I am an American English teacher in Shanghai-Pudong at a university.Spring 2012 I will want to take a short vacation(1-2 weeks) in Beijing or Hong Kong or both.As a teacher I dont get paid well here so cant afford too much.I will need info about mode of travel,cost at a hostel or hotel room or homestay.I will appreciate any help you can provide.My name is Jimmy and QQ is 2442265479,skype is jimmylewis69 and email is yahoo.com|jlewellen2003
Cell is 1377 4479 956.And by the way-I like doing things for free to help others too.I met a 13 year old girl and her mom who I am helping to learn better English and I teach them for free.They invite me over to their home on Sundays and we enjoy a good conversation and home cooked meal.Take care and wait your reply.

Nov 12, 2011 22:31
  • SHRI_
Hi Ellysee

Thank YOu for your kind help.

I was there in China for 20 days and was moving between Ningbo and Taizhou by train. Thank You I had a great experience and a wonderful time. Though the food was a a bit different but helped me shed a lot many extra kilos I accumulated. People are very friendly and eager to help except the language barrier which is now coming down. Transport is very systematic and easy to understand even if u don’t understand the language.

Overall a wonderfull experience, Just had to share it with someone.

I am planning for another visit to China this time mainly to TAIZHOU. I shall be there for around 4-5 days and between November End and December first week. Last time I was there it was the autumm moon festival and had the wonderful MOON CAKE. Is there any festival duting this time?

How would the wether be and any good experiences to have nearby pls suggest.

Shri

Nov 12, 2011 23:55
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHRI_ View Post

Hi Ellysee

Thank YOu for your kind help.

I was there in China for 20 days and was moving between Ningbo and Taizhou by train. Thank You I had a great experience and a wonderful time. Though the food was a a bit different but helped me shed a lot many extra kilos I accumulated. People are very friendly and e...

I'm afraid there isn't any festivals during your stay in China ( end Novmber to early December). About the weather, it will be cold. You'd better bring some warm clothes, or you can buy some upon arrival.
Nov 13, 2011 23:38
  • SHRI_
are there any interesting places to visit near TAIZHOU?

Also i would want to buy some traditional clothes foe my kids. Can you let me knwo where i can buy them and wht.

would they cost me in RMB?

It woulb be very helpfull if u could suggest me a vendor as well in TAIZHOU-HAUNGYAN

Thank YOU
Nov 18, 2011 18:25
GUESTOOM hi
i plan to catch speed ferry from putuoshan to shanghai on 11jan12.and i hv to catch a flight at 20.00 at pudong airport.please tell me the easy way to go to airport.should i catch maglev train at longyang rd.?
Nov 18, 2011 19:43
GUEST68990
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTOOM

hi
i plan to catch speed ferry from putuoshan to shanghai on 11jan12.and i hv to catch a flight at 20.00 at pudong airport.please tell me the easy way to go to airport.should i catch maglev train at longyang rd.?

As far as I know, you need to take fast ferry to Luchao Port or Xiaoyangshan Port and then take bus to Nanpu Long Distance Bus Station. The ferry ticket fare includes the bus fare.

There are two fast ferries: One leaves at 13:00 and the other, 13:30.

After you get to the Nanpu Long Distance Bus Station, you can take No.931 bus to Dapuqiao Station. There you can take airport shuttle bus line 3 to Pudong Airport.

The other way is to take a taxi. It costs CNY 110-140.
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel help offered
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code