Menu
Travel help offered
Aug 25, 2009 21:43
  • ELLYSE
If you want a fast (ie D) train, then you'd have to arrive at Shanghai South train station. Yes it's a little further from downtown Shanghai, but it's newer, cleaner and better-signposted so arriving there is hardly a hardship.
Wusongkou dock is almost 20 km by taxi from Salvo Hotel. I would estimate the taxi fare to be around 65 RMB depending on traffic conditions, allow for around 45-60 mins journey time.
If you have any more queries, please email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.
Aug 26, 2009 13:11
GUESTMAY Ellyse,

Thank you very much for your kind help. If we need anything else, I shall write you again. Thanks again.

May
Mar 16, 2011 03:05
GUESTARI I am taking the fast boat from Putuo Shan/Zhoushan to the Luchao port in Shanghai. From the Luchao port, what is the best way to get to Xujiahui or any part of the city center? Thanks!
Mar 16, 2011 22:17
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTARI

I am taking the fast boat from Putuo Shan/Zhoushan to the Luchao port in Shanghai. From the Luchao port, what is the best way to get to Xujiahui or any part of the city center? Thanks!

I haven't heard about a Luchao port in Shanghai. Are you sure you got it right or could you offer its Chinese writings?
Mar 17, 2011 01:28
GUESTARI Thanks for responding. The 芦潮港 port is in the southwest of Pudong, the 南汇 district, which is why the fastboat is only 2.5 hours away from Putuoshan. Will appreciate it if you can tell me how to go to Shanghai city center from there. Thanks again.
Mar 17, 2011 01:55
  • BL2022
Quote:

Thanks for responding. The 芦潮港 port is in the southwest of Pudong, the 南汇 district, which is why the fastboat is only 2.5 hours away from Putuoshan. Will appreciate it if you can tell me how to go to Shanghai city center from there. Thanks again.

The city center? I think it should be the People's Square.
From Luchao Port, you could take special bus line Long Xin Lu(龙新芦专)to Guo Yuan station(果园), get off and then change to bus 龙港地面高速快 to Long Yang (龙阳)subway station, where you could take subway line2 to People's Square. The port is far from the city center, even far from the airport.
Mar 17, 2011 02:51
GUESTARI
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022 View Post

The city center? I think it should be the People's Square.
From Luchao Port, you could take special bus line Long Xin Lu(龙新芦专)to Guo Yuan station(果园), get off and then change to bus 龙港地面高速快 to Long Yang (龙阳)subway station, where you could take subway line2 to People's Square. The port is far from the city center, even far from the ...

Thanks very much for this valuable information!
Mar 17, 2011 02:56
GUESTARI
Quote:

Thanks very much for this valuable information!

By the way do you think it is easier to just take the bus from Putuoshan to Shanghai? I was told it takes 6.5 hours. If I take the fast ferry to Luchao, then buses to Shanghai, it will take maybe 4 or 5 hours anyway? Would appreciate your advice thanks again.
Mar 17, 2011 03:17
  • BL2022
If you prefer ferry, you could take the one traveling between Zhoushan and Shanghai Wusong pier, the one is close to downtown shanghai. But it takes about one night.

I think it's OK to take bus from Putuoshan (shenjiamen) to shanghai. About 5 hours and there are even sleeping seats. That should be comfortable.
Aug 28, 2011 03:41
  • SHRI_
Hello
This is Shri. I am visiting to NINGBO around sept starting. Need to go from there to Huangyan. Can u pls guide as to how to gothere. I heard the Bullet train wud be a good experience.

PLS let me know which station to catch the train and where to alight. also the rates and how to do the booking.

Regards

Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel help offered
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code