Menu
Ziyi Zhang
Mar 7, 2006 00:54
  • PEA28COCK
I was really attracted by Ziyi Zhang when watching 78th Oscar Award Ceremony last night. She is not that beautiful, but extremely elegant, much more charming than most other Hollywood big stars. To some extent she presents a whole new China to the world.

Maybe you think that I am just exaggerating, but this is exactly what I have in mind. Most Chinese dislike her. I really have no idea about the reasons.
Mar 7, 2006 00:59
  • RITA
No, it's not exaggerating. :-)

She is totally glamorous!
Mar 7, 2006 01:01
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Peacock,

I don't think you are exaggerating.I love Zhang Ziyi very much,and when she wasn't famous as now,I love to watch her movies:-)

I don't know why so many persons dislike her,they can't tell the exactly reasons,either!

Maybe envy......

Mar 7, 2006 01:20
  • PEA28COCK
I feel even excited to know that still there are Chinese (except me) liking her, not despising her. Yes she is totally glamorous. And still yes some people really are jealous of her charm, fame, achievement, and others.

She is successful!
Mar 7, 2006 01:54
  • RITA
People who always has a ruler in his/ her hands may hate something in Ziyi Zhang. She is a successful actress, that's all, and at the same time she is a Chinese. She may have done something (all the young girls may do or all the actresses may do) some people do not like especially those with a ruler always in hand. If you put her in a very high position, she will let you down from time to time - she is just a young girl with a lot more pressures on her than us young people in a normal life style.

If you dislike her, it might because you put her on a higher position than you put yourself.

I don't really agree that people dislike her because of jealousness, people will not envy thos too far ahead of them maybe far beyond reachable.

As a young girl, she is cute and beautiful and successful in a field she devoted herself in and also paid a lot for her success. In that regard, she is entitled to our respect.

At least, she keeps offering us good and beautiful movies, let's enjoy not judge always!!!
Mar 7, 2006 02:07
  • PEA28COCK
Hi rita, you are totally right. We shouldn't be so critical to others, because every one has his or her own belief and way of life. Generousity can make the whole world more harmonious and enjoyable.
Mar 7, 2006 02:15
  • RITA
I see a kind and Big heart in you, also, Peacock.:O
Before we judge others, we should find a mirror and have a good look at ourselves first.
Mar 7, 2006 08:39
  • SABERXLCR
She is my favorite Asian actress!

Ziyi Zhang is a difficult name to remember if you only speak English: I am pleasantly surprised to hear so many Westerners know her and her work.

PEACOCK: Why do you not find her that beautiful? (I think she is!) I am interested in your opinion. Which actress in China do you think is the prettiest?

Mar 7, 2006 15:07
  • ROGERINCA
Wow Rita !! Such an expressive, and intelligent posting. You add much [positive] energy to this forum !!!

Rita, you are so very correct in what you say and perceive. Yes, I agree, Ziyi Zhang is such a talented, beautiful, and elegant young Chinese woman. Furthermore, she is only one example, as there are so many other talented Chinese, in so many diverse fields. Another example, (in the field of entertainment) which comes immediately to my mind, and has tremendous popularity in America and also throughout the world, is your Twelve Girls Band !! I love their artistry !! Their recent 2005, North American Tour, in the USA and Canada, was completely sold-out !!! There are of course, many other outstanding examples, not only in the Arts, but in other endeavors as well, including medicine, science, education, and business.

Moreover, Rita, Peacock and California, there is a larger point to be made here, and this is in part, what I was speaking to in an earlier thread…‘Chinese pride’ !! As ethnic Chinese, you have so much to be proud of !!! It does not matter if you live on the Mainland, or anywhere else in the world; you should take pride in the [positive] accomplishments and contributions that Chinese people in so many fields of endeavor, provide to the world, each and every day !! Negativity can always be found [anywhere] if that is what one is seeking. And, as you so thoughtfully articulated Rita, one should always first, look into the mirror!! :) :)

Mar 7, 2006 18:48
  • PEA28COCK
Hi SABERXLCR,

Thanks for your reply to my thread. In my opinion, the prettiest actress in China is Maggie Cheung (Zhang Manyu). I guess you must know her.

Of course Ziyi Zhang is pretty, but she and Maggie give you different kind of beauty.
Mar 7, 2006 18:50
  • MAY001
IMO, some people don't like Zhang Ziyi because she's PRIDE. Traditional Chinese prefer humble, maidenly girls but not active, open and careerism. We don't want to be outstanding since we believe that outstanding ppl have a lot of trouble.
Say woman should be like woman LoL
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ziyi Zhang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code