Menu
Ziyi Zhang
Mar 9, 2006 15:02
  • ROGERINCA
Lou, I have four of their CD’s, but my favorite and most recent, is a two disc CD set called ‘Miracle Live’. It contains a very good collection of some their most notable material. Yes, they were in North America in late 2005; in Canada, they were in Montreal, and also on 11/04/05, they performed at the Vancouver Centre for the Performing Arts. They [sold out] all performances, in Canada and in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Reno, and everywhere else they appeared !!

For added enjoyment, I might suggest one of their DVD’s, as it adds so much to actually watch them play the various Chinese/Asian instruments. The DVD I recently purchased, is titled ‘Red Hot Classics’. Some can be found in local outlets such as Tower or Virgin Records, or ordered on-line through a company like (yesasia.com) at very affordable prices. :) :)

Mar 9, 2006 18:27
  • SABERXLCR
...Sold!

Thanks Roger.

Mar 9, 2006 18:44
  • MAY001
The instruments they used are Chinese folk music instruments. Very special, right?
Mar 9, 2006 21:09
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, May, some of the instruments are very special and unique:

Twelve Girls Band: 女子十二乐坊; Pinyin: Nǚzǐ shíèr Yùefǎng) is a music group with thirteen female artists, always appearing as [twelve] on stage, using traditional Chinese instruments to play both Chinese traditional and Western songs. Launched in 2001, the girls (the best of the best) were all selected from schools in the People's Republic of China, and have become popular in the world and the PRC.

Among the instruments used by the women: Erhu (Chinese violin), Pipa (vertical mandolin), Guzheng (zither), Yangqin (dulcimer) and Dizi (flute).

Mar 9, 2006 22:04
  • MAY001
I love traditinal music instruments! They are so amazing!
Mar 9, 2006 22:08
  • DRONGO
World Music is very popular in recent years. With the use of traditional instruments, world music will continue to grow in popularity.
Mar 10, 2006 01:19
  • CALIFORNIA
Oh,my god,Roger,

Your chinese???!!!Excellent!!!

I love zither=Gu Zheng:-)

Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ziyi Zhang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code