Menu
dong "Sanyuesan" festival coming up 31th around kaili
Mar 16, 2006 22:07
  • LOUISA
Unique is a word that can descrable kaili! with its welocming people,countless villages and colourful minorities culture ,kaili is a city in one! the 158 festivals make a year around destination, there are many unexpectation waiting to be discovered!
From Kaili you can let your eyes lead you to the nearby countryside where, surounded by beautifull mountains and rivers, you can enjoy Homestays with local families in peaceful villages the villagers worship buffalo,fish,stone and bridge. traveling villages one by one,you will feel extraordinarily splendid customs in such a colourfull place,where you can feel nature strong customa and tradtional life style,the wooden water wheels raise water from the river to the fields.the bull working in the field,villagers grow rise and vegetables,feed pigs, chick,woman catch fish in the fields. the 158 festivals will all celebrate by minorities villagers.the villagers fond of dancing and singing. if your timing is right you might be lucky to catch one.that would be great if you can experinence life here in the villages with wooden houses cluster on the edge of the hill sideThe Miao, known as Hmong in the West, is one of the minority groups of China.
The "sanyuesan" festival is coming up this end of march 31.this is a MAJOR festival for the Dong minority! The festival includes local bullfighting (the bulls fight each other, not people, and no one dies), horseshows, folk-singing contests, and Lusheng flute performances. All through the festival time Miao women wear their stunning silver jewellery (the silver was obtained by melting down old coins). This includes neck rings (often stacked five or six at a time), waist-chains, breast-plates, and, above all, the famous horned silver headdresses and crowns, all garnished with coins and delicate motifs of birds and flowers. As the women move and dance their jewellery and headresses make a stunning variety of sounds.
Festival time is the time for people to get together. People have a market is set up to allow both the villagers and tourists to buy much needed (or just irresistable) goods!
stay in with local family in villlage during the festival time will bring you great travel experience, which is the good way can feel the culture strongly.
the expense is cheap here and less tourist but many interests events wait to be discovered.
if you are indpendent trvaeller and interesting in spend some time in rural area homestay not just see "real china" feel strong culture but also willing to offer some time teach english,that would be very good experience. and make your travel meanful.
please contact me. I am a local girl from Kaili. I would love to meet you up and offer you help and, free of charge, arrange Homestays for you. I also arrange rail and flight tickets. In return, I ask you for a lesson in English or French. Drop me a line at: yahoo.com|chinese_miaogirl

Mar 17, 2006 02:05
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Louisa,

You intorduced so much information of Miao,thanks a lot!
Mar 20, 2013 22:46
GUEST00201 Exactly when and where can I see this festival in Guiyang for 2013 ?
I find all different dates and places.
Is Zhaoxing and Sanjiang the best place for this festival ?
Post a Reply to: dong "Sanyuesan" festival coming up 31th around kaili
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code