Menu
A proposal
Mar 21, 2006 02:07
  • ROGERINCA
Conny, I could not find the word "Yippee" in my Pinyin dictionary ???

Could you please translate for me ???

So very funny I think !!?? :) :) :)
Mar 21, 2006 02:37
  • CONNY129
Yup ,u are right ,Pinetree ,those whose English is better than me can all become my teachers ,haha~~

Hi ,Roger ,I got the word "yippee" from my online English Dictionary ,it is a interjection means happy and hurrah ^_*
Mar 21, 2006 05:49
  • JABAROOTOO
good on you chirstine for facilitating this proposal.

Remember it is just a way of helping some of the not so confident English learners get more of thier travel information out to share with us.

I'm available to 'polish' and offer suggestion to anyone who would appreciate a little or a lot of help.

Just send me a message and we'll go from there.

Thanks to the others who have volunteered to help 'polish' and for those who would love to see their travel experiences in print.

PS It's really nothing to do with being a 'teacher' or having a teacher but of course we will all learn something from working together.
Mar 21, 2006 18:53
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Jabarootoo,

You are always so sweet and helpful. Thank you very much for your constant support.

Christine
Mar 21, 2006 18:58
  • RITA
I can't agree with you more, Jabarootoo. :-)

I think all of us here who signed up for help should do our best in the first place:-) That's and crucial to improve our writing skills.

God helps those help themselves! Anyone can do better than God, please put up your hands and sign up here:-))) hehe~
Mar 21, 2006 19:01
  • RITA
Correction:
"That's and crucial to improve our writing skills."

"AND" between 's and cruicial was an 'leg of snake', sorry:))
Mar 21, 2006 19:17
  • ROGERINCA
Dear Conny,

Another ‘member’ interposed himself in a response to my post, which was directed to you, in this thread. Normally, I would not take issue with such action; however, in this instance, the member who attempted to interpret my meaning / intention, did not form a correct conclusion !! He arrogantly stated to you, that my comment was “pedantic”. Definition: …..too concerned with details or fine distinctions and too ready to criticize minor errors (disapproving)…..

Having said this, I will tell you my comment was not at all based on pedantry, it was 100% in fun. And now, I will explain (to you) the point of my dry humor:
The English expression “yippee” has a look and sound similar to an (imaginary) Chinese word in pinyin…..as in ‘yi pe’ or ‘yip pe’. Therefore all I was doing was having a silly, little, tongue-in-cheek, humor exchange with you, with respect to the ‘shape’ and sound of a word. I was not at all criticizing you, or your use of the English language, or making a comment that was in any way, critical or disapproving, as was negatively misinterpreted by the other member. Yikes !! Of course I understand what ‘yippee’ means and I see it in writing often. I just thought it was so [cute] to see you, as a Chinese woman, use this fun, English expression in a post !!!! LOL :) :)

Conny, you and I have communicated many times, aside from the posts in the forum. You know my sense of humor and my personality. Yes, I am the only man in this forum who knows how much RMB you paid for your new Moto’ V3 Raz’r mobile phone !!! LOL. You are a very kind, peaceful, intelligent, attractive young woman, whom I admire and respect. You are young enough to be my daughter. You and I have a relationship based on a very good friendship, which is very good and very healthy. However, some men are incapable of having, or understanding, a relationship with a woman that is based [only] on mutual respect, admiration and true friendship - 友谊 尊敬 倾慕.

No Conny, I would never criticize you, or your use, of the English language (even though you have, in fact, told me that my attempts, at writing Chinese, needed more work) LOL !!! So very funny !!! :) :)

Thank you for your friendship Conny !!!! You are such a fine and happy young woman; I wish you always, the most good luck and success in your life !!!
Mar 22, 2006 00:27
  • CALIFORNIA
Excellent,guys!

I think I should find a teacher now:-)

Mar 22, 2006 03:45
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi Christine

I think this is a great idea.

I love the English language and writing and would be happy to help anyone who thinks their English may need a little 'polishing'.

Count me in :)
Mar 22, 2006 07:44
  • ETHNICEAST
this is the first time, i am getting a "proposal"... anyway, not sure how this is going to work out, but i will be most willing to help in a small way that doesnt require heavy commitment. as i travel alot, need to exercise regularly, eat out, meet clients and go shopping. But I am willing. let's hear the proposed plan first.

Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A proposal
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code