Menu
travel in Xi' an
Sep 6, 2004 21:45
  • VICKIEJANE
martin, thank you for all the exciting
information. i am very excited to go to china.
i can not wait to see and try everything. i am
going with global volunteers to teach english. i
will have about 7 days on my own to see all the
sights. the terra cotta warriors is first on my
list. how far away is it from xi'an? i am
anxious to taste all the food. we have had many
exchange students in our home, so i am accustomed
to trying to communicate by sign language,
although this will probably be more difficult.
anything else i should know? thanks again

vickie
Sep 7, 2004 01:32
  • MACMA
an other great tip is learn how to write the name of your country because every chinese wants to know where you from and many chinese have no idee where some countries are situated.....................during our stay we learned that the people first are interested where you from, then they are impressed that you can write it in chinese and last but not least it is a great thing to laugh about and often people take more effort to spend time with you or have a nice chat
Sep 7, 2004 01:41
  • MACMA
we went by the not-commercial bus and as i rember it well it was about 1,5 hour by bus.

Another thing to rember is when you visit the terracota site ->

After you have gone through the entrance first go to the right -> there is a small museum -> secondly there are three great hangars -> start at the one on your righthandside .............................after you visited the site you will know why
Sep 7, 2004 09:30
  • DAISY
Hi, Vickie!
The easiest way to get to the warriors is to take an Eastern tour from Xian. It is worthwhile having a tour guide talk you through the site as the stories that accompany the warriors are particularly interesting. Alternately, you can take the Green Bus from the Bell Tower in Xian which covers the major sites in the east. There is no tour guide on this bus however; or you could take bus No. 306, 307 at the gateway of the railway station to get there. (To Huaqing Pool on the way)
The admission fee is RMB90, but RMB65 during its shoulder season (Dec, Jan and Feb).
1. You' d better travel by yourself to avoid visiting some artificial scenic spots without any value.

2. In the famous spots of '3 Holes' '1 Hall', the bronze carriage and horse is very precious, so you may listen to the guide's explanation about it, by reason that there is no any literal introduction. Besides, you should pay for RMB 30 guide fee; If you think it is not to your profit, you could also follow other travelling teams.

Sep 7, 2004 09:33
  • DAISY
And it would take you about 50 minutes at least from the Railway Station to the museum.
Sep 8, 2004 19:28
welcome~!
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: travel in Xi' an
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code