Menu
offer & ask help for polishing travel reviews
Mar 27, 2006 06:15
  • JABAROOTOO
If those offering to help polish articles for publication finding them selves inundated with work they can send out an SOS from others.

As this was offered on a voluntary basis there should therefore be no need for a reward.

But thanks for the thought.
Mar 28, 2006 03:08
  • PINETREE
I have just read a recent travel article by California. My 1st reaction - wonderful.
The grammar and English may not be that "polished" but if it is too polished & well-written, it might be suspected as non-original.
The style is very original and unique. The message gets across very clearly (at least to me) and it was so funny. Well, I understand the article very well & enjoyed reading it !
With due respect to the volunteer English speakers, my advice to California is to trust yourself and be yourself. U are doing fine in your own way. U will surely improve and become more polished in the English language as u practise more & as time goes by. But your writing style may be lost then.....
Continue to have fun, chums !!
Mar 28, 2006 19:34
  • CALIFORNIA
Thx a lot,Pinetree!Thx for your supports,and thx for your encouragement.
Apr 1, 2006 17:04
  • DONHFRASER
Hi christine

If anybody wants to send me anything for editing etc my e-mail address is hotmail.com|fraserdon1
Look forward to being of assistance

Don
Apr 2, 2006 20:05
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi DONHFRASER,

Thanks very much for your support.

Christine
Apr 17, 2006 09:20
  • ZENGYONGYUAN
Christine... I am Dougie.... I have just applied to your volunteer programme.. would this topic be any part of that??? I hope you don't think I'm being rude, but I am a Brit. Married, and living in ChengDu, it would help enormously to have a section for USA helpers, and a section for UK helpers, because if anyone wants to send me anything, and it's written in PERFECT AMERICAN.... I would find myself correcting the spelling into the REAL English, no offence intended, but AMERICAN certainly aint ENGLISH... do you follow my thread??? I would need to add an "..me" on the end of "program..." to make it perfect ENGLISH... along with the many other, what I would consider "miss-spelled" words.... You may kick me, if you wish, but I am always willing to help anyone who wishes to "brush-up" their English, from any part of the globe.......
Apr 17, 2006 19:38
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi ZENGYONGYUAN,

Thanks very much for your kindness.
Apr 18, 2006 17:25
  • PLACERVILLE
Hey Christine,
What do I have to do to sign up for the AMERICAN program? The spellcheck on my computer is set to that language. Would you prefer that I change it to some other setting? I hope that this is not too much bother to you.

Apr 24, 2006 10:50
  • PLACERVILLE
Hey Christine,
I can see you wrote a message to me but I try to open it and it says the page has been moved to somewhere else!
Apr 24, 2006 20:14
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi PLACERVILLE,

I will contact our programmer to check out the problems. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here I strongly suggest you to try again. You know that system will sometime have silly problems.

Sincerely,

Christine
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: offer & ask help for polishing travel reviews
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code