Menu
using Chinese ATM using cirrus & masestro
Aug 8, 2009 21:47
GUEST66162 I think we have to look at the ATM teller carefully. Some ATMs are not linked to Cirrus or Plus and that is why one is unable to do the withdrawal.

In my NAB statement, they mentioned the withdrawal statement but cannot find the commission for currency exchange.
Dec 3, 2009 08:27
GUESTMELISSA Hi,

It's great to find out that I'm not the only one having the atm problem in China. I'm currently studying in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan. I went to Jinghong city to withdraw cash from the atm. I have two cards... with Maetsro, Plus, Cirrus, MAEPs cash, interlink logos on them. None of them work! But it works for my friend's card who has only Maetsro & Cirrus logos. -_-

If all the previous posts are true, then I won't be able to withdraw money from Kunming and Shenzhen. :-( What a blow! I was thinking of going there next month. I have already contacted my bank in Malaysia. I hope they will find out what's wrong.

Meantime, can anyone give me some suggestion on how my family can transfer money to me? Which is better- travelers cheque or a credit card?
Jan 5, 2010 10:18
GUESTLEON hi i am in ningde, xiapu now in china....can i use my uob atm card to withdraw cash? i only have a normal atm card. pls advice. tks
Jan 5, 2010 21:57
  • CANADAGUY
Guest Mel and Leon, using ATM cards now in China is a crapshoot.
It's not only China though. Other countries are also victim to this problem.

I matched up my Visa Plus symbol to the Plus symbol in on the bank machines in China.
It worked the first time, but after that didn't work at around 10 machines.

I was recently in Russia. My ATM card with the Plus symbol was matched to 7+ bank machines
with their Plus symbol but they all said they were temporarily unavailable. Funny but they weren't unavailable to the Russians behind me in the line!

Jan 7, 2014 03:55
GUESTJUDE Im in nansha,china which bank here can use to withdraw using my posb atm
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: using Chinese ATM using cirrus & masestro
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code