Menu
TRAVAILING TO NANCHONG TO MEET THE PARENTS LOOKING FOR POINT OF INTEREST
Apr 1, 2006 20:12
  • CALGUY

HI I LIVE OUT SIDE OF SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA IN THE FOOT HILL I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I HAVE ENJOYED CHINA AND HOW WONDERFUL THE PEOPLE ARE. AND HOW BEAUTIFUL CHINA IS. I AM PROUD TO SAY I HAVE A MET A WONDERFUL WOMAN IN CHINA SHE LIVES IN GUANGZHOU AND SHE IS FROM NANCHONG I WELL BE IN CHINA IN MAY TO MEET HER FAMILY IN NANCHONG SHE IS COMING TO THE USA IN JUNE OF THIS YEAR AND I AM TAKING MY 13 YEAR OLD SON IN JUNE TO MEET HER AND HER FAMILY HE IS SO EXCITED ABOUT FINELY GETTING TO SEE HER IN PERSON HE HAS BECOME GREAT FRIEND WITH HER NEPHEW IN NANCHONG I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HOME IN CHINA AND LIVE IN THE US AND CHINA TO.
Apr 3, 2006 22:24
  • ELLYSE
Ouch... please, there's no need to type in all capital letters!
Apr 3, 2006 23:42
  • CALGUY
Hi thank you for the note : ) We are planning on getting married in the U.S. because of the whey the visa works. You would thank getting married in China would be easier for her to come here it is looking like august we should have her visa it is taking 8 mounts or moor to get. I am taking my son in august to meet her family and have a dinner party for her family and friends.
Apr 4, 2006 08:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
Nanchong is a pleasant smaller city. I had the pleasure of killing 6 hours in town and it was no problem, very friendly locals took care of us.
If you've got the time then a visit to Old Langzhong which is just 2 hours north would be well worth while. Read my Travel review and some photos to go with it.

Nanchong is just 2 hours from Chongqing in fact probably closer than Chengdu.

Enjoy your stay. All the best for your future
Apr 4, 2006 08:14
  • INMEDIC

Hey Calguy,

Im with Wocca, are you going to get married in China or in the US? I got married in China and it was great.

Apr 12, 2006 14:30
  • ROGERINCA
I am not an attorney, however, I can answer [one] of the questions in the previous post:

(1) In America, under the US Constitution, the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively…..Therefore, laws and rules pertaining to a civil process such as marriage, are under the purview of an individual State’s laws.

(2) Moreover, the American ‘rule’ (place of celebration rule) can be stated as follows: A marriage that is valid where celebrated, is [valid] everywhere. Under this rule, a party need not be a domiciliary (legal resident) of the jurisdiction where the marriage is performed.

Accordingly, if the marriage is certified as [legal] in the PR China, then it would be likewise, recognized as legal in the States within the USA.

Post a Reply to: TRAVAILING TO NANCHONG TO MEET THE PARENTS LOOKING FOR POINT OF INTEREST
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code