Menu
Why not come to Shandong?!
Apr 12, 2008 09:36
  • JCNILE123
Sommer,

I know that if there is one-person very knowable about China is Ellyse.

For some reason she can answer almost all travel question, I hope she can suggest you some places.
Apr 12, 2008 09:44
  • ELLYSE
Oops. 6-year-old?
Hong Kong, perhaps?!
Sorry, I don't have a child, and I don't travel with children, so I'm afraid I'm out of ideas!
Apr 12, 2008 09:46
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, just saw on your other thread that you don't want to fly. How about Dalian or Qingdao?
Apr 14, 2008 10:08
  • GHOST
Qingdao will be very pleasant, although if you're planning to go to the beach the sea might still be a little cold. Spring's finally arrived so it's looking beautiful with all the cherry blossoms flowering.

You're child would enjoy the small fun-fair at Zhongshan Park (316, 317, or 501 bus) and perhaps the zoo just behind too - all within walking distance of No. 1 Beach.

Easily reached by train from Beijing - either the overnight sleeper or the new 'fast' train. Dalian would be another good choice as Ellyse says, although I don't know about the train connections.

The May holiday week shouldn't be as crowded now as the government has recently divided the public holidays up and spread them throughout the year, so not everyone will be on holiday for the whole week. Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time.
Apr 21, 2009 00:52
GUESTWEI hi...i would like to know more about shandong-weihai. and i found that i'm interested to go there for my next trip. i saw on t.v showing that there alot of Korean selling thing there....how is the price? will it expensive than Korea. i like shopping so much.Do u have any suggest and more information?
Apr 23, 2009 13:04
  • ELLYSE
Eh, I haven't heard of Weihai as being particularly good for shopping in China.
Sep 17, 2009 05:40
  • MERCADIE
Hello all
I'm from France and I´d like to know if beetween 15th of november and 8th of december is a good period to visit shandong and henan ?
how is the weather ?, temperature ? daytime ?
are there beautiful and salvage country side to visit ?
beside the most famous places, could you indicate me some interesting ones regarding to traditional way of life and old cultural remains ?

are there animation and activities in the street in the evening during that period ?
does the climbing (by feet of course...) of Taishan and Laoshan need a big effort

thanks by advance for your answers and advises
Sep 19, 2009 19:04
  • ELLYSE
It might be a little cold. Better to visit in another season if possible.
If you're interested in archaeological remains then you should go to Anyang, Zhengzhou and Luoyang in Henan province.
For Taishan, check out my VirtualTourist Taishan travel page: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f4495/
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why not come to Shandong?!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code