Menu
What is the meaning of this in the Chinese Culture ??
Apr 6, 2006 01:32
  • ROGERINCA
I have had this little drawing for about four years now.

I was told by my Chinese translator in Nanning, that it was romantic and represented eternal love between these two entities/personages.

Another woman told me that it was a “sad” story and was not so romantic.

Could someone, who recognizes and understands this work, please explain the correct meaning of the illustration, and also what is it titled; as well as its origin in the Chinese culture ?? I have wondered about this for some time now, but forgot to ask about it……. I am sure that one our active members will be able to educate us on this !!?? :) :)

Apr 6, 2006 02:25
  • CONNY129
the pic shows us a fairy tale ,the man named Niu Lang in Chinese which means a cowboy and the lady is a fairy ,they fell in love with each other , they lived happily in the world and have a couple of child after one year they married ,but the God of Heaven didn't allow a fairy marry to a common , they had to seperate and only on the 7th of July can they met once a year .

it is a touching love story with an unhappy ending , of course due to my poor translation it does not sound touching :P
Apr 6, 2006 02:45
  • LOVEISVERB
QUOTE CONNY:

they lived happily in the world and have a couple of children after one year they married ,

WOW! Are you sure of that, dear Conny? %#$&*^!^%
Apr 6, 2006 03:05
  • PINETREE
Hahaha ! I believe the story was more or less as Conny said.
I understand that this was but 1 of the 7 unaccomplished romance in the serie involving this couple ?
*&%$@#@ !!!
Apr 6, 2006 03:10
  • LOVEISVERB
The meaning of &%^$%*# or %#$&*^!^% = I almost laughed my head off when I read cute Conny's comments about ONE YEAR & A COUPLE OF CHILDREN.

hohoho~ &#$%^*&@&
Apr 6, 2006 03:20
  • CALIFORNIA
Chinese saint valentine's day???
Apr 6, 2006 03:29
  • PINETREE
A couple of children after 1 year is possible !! But I don't know whether in this case, it was so.
&<#*& !!

Apr 6, 2006 03:35
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,so funny~~~~~~
Apr 6, 2006 04:29
  • CONNY129
of course it is possible :) they got a twin and one is boy another is girl (how fortunate they are,gigle~~)

someone believe it is a romantic love story maybe due to it song high praise of the pure love , someone didn't like it maybe because the ending is very sad , though they loved each other deeply they can not live together .

Compared with Romeo and Juliet,they are a little lucky , they can meet each other once a year
Apr 6, 2006 05:10
  • YEMMIE
Hello Everyone,

I think it is a beautiful story. Thank you Conny for explaining it to us. I only hope that my fiancee and I do not suffer the same fate. I am in the process of trying to bring her and her son to America. It is proving more difficult than I had imagined. Of course, we are both mortals.

Oh well, as they say, anything worth having is worth waiting for.
Apr 6, 2006 05:56
  • PINETREE
Folklore goes that they were eventually united as husband/wife after another 6 romances in different lifetime.
Liang ShanBo/Zhy YingTai was another of their romances. Can't remember the rest of the 5.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the meaning of this in the Chinese Culture ??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code