Menu
Beijing phone calls and internet
Apr 16, 2006 13:21
  • MJT4283
A visitor recently returned from Beijing and informed me that she had a really difficult time making long distance calls back to the US. She said that her hotel took hours to make the connections, and that she could not find another way or place to make the calls. She was also unable to find a way to get on the Internet. Can this really be the case? Thanks.
Apr 16, 2006 19:53
  • INMEDIC
I dont know what happened with the hotel in Beijing but I made a phone call when I was in Shanghai to the USA from my hotel and I did not have any problem calling, in fact I called the US twice. I have also sent email during my two trips to visit my wife while waiting for her paperwork to be processed. All I can say is there might have been trouble in the line or something. Better luck next time.
Apr 16, 2006 20:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Incredible~~~~~~~~~~~
Apr 16, 2006 20:14
  • ROGERINCA
I have [never] had a problem placing calls to the USA, from China, either on my own mobile phone, or via the hotel phone system !!

Maybe she was confused with the phone codes?? 011 USA to China, and 001 China to USA ?? :) :)
Apr 16, 2006 20:21
  • MELODYCHOW
Yes,indeed, i do believe that there was line connecting problem from Beijing to US at that time. May it's ony an occurrent situation.

For getting on line,i think it must be easy and convenient,since there are many net bars along the Beijing street.The price may be 3 to 10 yuan per hour based on different bar facilities.

Hope it helps.
Apr 17, 2006 00:54
  • JAVAGURL
Hello! Speaking from experience, all the hotels I stayed in during my trip to China were equiped with Internet access and long distance call abilities. Just go to the lobby and register. Tell where you want to call. Some requires you to put a deposit...well I think all require a deposit. For internet access, just go to the Business area of the hotel, normally located in the lobby too. However, for internet use in hotels especially in Beijing, it will be expensive. Again, speaking from personal experience, I had to pay 35 yuan for a 10 minute use...=( I don't know about the ones in the cafes though. Good luck!
Post a Reply to: Beijing phone calls and internet
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code