Menu
USA Fiance Visa for Chinese Woman
Apr 16, 2006 17:59
  • PENROSETODD
Hello All! Do you any of you know how long it takes a Chinese woman ( China citizen)to get a USA Fiance Visa? She and I will be engaged soon and I want to know how long it will take her to get the Fiance Visa once we have finished all the legal paperwork.

I have heard terrible stories about it taking 2-3 years to for a Chinese woman to get a Fiance Visa to the USA. Is this correct information?
Apr 16, 2006 19:22
  • ROGERINCA
Hi, this is what I know:

This is very [recent] information to me from a specific immigration attorney in California:

“A Spousal visa through PR China, is currently taking our law offices approx. 7 1/2 months from the USCIS receipt date until the date of visa issuance. By comparison, the California / China combination for a Fiancée visa is currently taking us approx. 8 1/2 months.”

In the past, the Spousal Visas were always taking longer. This can change, again and again, depending on time of year and case loads at the US Consulates, which handle these Visas. Moreover, it can vary depending on individual circumstances of each case.

I have a friend in Washington state, who received a Spousal Visa in 9 months, issued this past December, using services through an attorney.

I have another friend, a Chinese woman who speaks very good English (she was my translator during my first and second visits to China) she handled everything herself, and for her Fiancée in New York state; she obtained their Fiancée Visa in only 6 months. She did not use an attorney, and she said the interview was very easy for her and she had a very cordial experience with the Consular Officer.

I have another friend, also in Washington state, who received a Fiancée Visa in 12 months, doing it himself. He had some issues with missing paperwork and incomplete documents, which slowed things down. This was about 18 months ago.

I have not (personally) heard of anyone having to wait much over a year for either the Spousal, or Fiancée Visas, nor have I heard any “terrible stories“. However, I am sure there might be an exception to the rule, somewhere, but that would be atypical for this process ??? Also, while many do it all themselves, many others use an immigration attorney to handle all of the paperwork. This is a matter of personal circumstance and choice.

There are several immigration attorney web-sites on-line, which have a lot of good information on the ‘process‘, whether you use their services or not. Just plug “China Fiancée Visa” into a good search engine, and you will have a lot of usable information on the scope of the process for your review.

Moreover, there are some other American members of TCG, going through this process right now too; I am sure they may have more info, with respect to their own personal experience, to offer you.

Best wishes and good luck !! :) :)

Apr 16, 2006 19:46
  • INMEDIC
Hi Penrosetodd,

I was married in China in June and when I returned to the USA in July I submitted a spouse visa and the first of March her petition for visa was approved and sent to the State Departmment. I am doing this all on my own, except I sent a letter to my Indiana State Congressman and he contacted the prpoer agencies and inquired on my behalf. We are now waiting for the paperwork from the State Department to go through. I hope you good luck with your future wife. It just takes some time for them to do their investigation. If you want any other information please feel free to contact me.
Dec 23, 2007 14:04
GUEST33431 is it easier to get a spouse visa or fianc'ee visa?
Dec 24, 2007 15:46
  • INMEDIC
ni hao,

I myself had applied for my wife for a visa and it took 1 1/2 years before she received hers. I applied in July 2005, and she had visa interview in December 2006, and arrived in USA in February 2007. It can take some time.
Post a Reply to: USA Fiance Visa for Chinese Woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code