Menu
voltage - all things pratical!
Apr 17, 2006 11:53
  • MAZPHD
hi quick query, what is the voltage in china 110/120 or
210/220?.... i don't want to blow things up on travels! :)
Apr 17, 2006 19:39
  • INMEDIC
Hi MAZPHD,

It is 220 and if you have something less where you are from you have to buy a converter so you won't blow anything up or start a fire.
Apr 17, 2006 22:11
  • ZENGYONGYUAN
There really isn't any confusion... it's well documented in the thread "Charging batteries....." I think the confusion comes from not actually reading the small plate of info on the actual CHARGER.... as I stated previously, ALL up-to-date equipment will have chargers that operate from about 100v to 240v AC, and will run quite happily without any form of converter. I also stated that I have many digital devices, and they ALL use my common sockets, without requiring converters. Shaver sockets are usually rated at about 5 AMPS so will power all shavers, camera battery chargers and other low current devices. For more "elaborate" devices, you may just need a socket-converter, to change the pin configuration, but you can buy them locally, in China, at less than one third the price you would pay anywhere else... I would like to add.... if you have never visited China previously, then you are in for a wonderful experience, and I hope you all have as much enjoyment as I still have, after 2 years of living here.....
Post a Reply to: voltage - all things pratical!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code