Menu
Punishment Announcement ??
Apr 29, 2006 02:29
  • ALTUR
SIVA, one of our Community moderators, has posted a "punishment announcement' regarding WOCCA and so-called 'accomplices'

He(Siva)has posted a long list of supposed 'transgressions' against the rules of TCG,'transgressions' which could be regarded as most serious and scandalous if they are true. Nowhere does he offer evidence to support these allegations. Unsubstantiated accusations amount to slander, and are unacceptable in any forum.

Further, as it is within the rules ( according to our other Community moderator Christine) to have more than one ID, there would appear to be no offense in that way, even were this true.

I have re-read many of the posts here, and am unable to find the supposed offending posts for which WOCCA is being slandered and 'punished'. Perhaps SIVA or TCG would cite some instances of these offences to justify their actions. They might also offer evidence to support the claim of WOCCA having accomplices in these postings.

Altur

Apr 29, 2006 03:13
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator

Firstly, we have already collected enough evidences about this case. Since they are concerned to some members privacy, we can't show them in public.

Secondly, we have tried our best to deleted all the improper posts, threads and pics they posted before. We also have copied them as evidences. If you are interested in them, I can send it to you via e-mail or PM.

Siva
Apr 29, 2006 04:22
  • ALTUR
SIVA Thank you. please forward your material to me. I am most interested. altur
Apr 29, 2006 05:56
  • PINETREE
Siva,
Do you think I can have them as well pl ? I am also interested to know.
Thanking you in advance.
Apr 29, 2006 21:02
  • LOVEISVERB
I think the moderators will not publish that statement without good reasons or sufficient proofs. And they are under no obligations to offer any of those proofs to a third party/ies! They did a great job! We thank Siva and Christine for all they've done for us and feel sorry for all they have been through over these months/ days. We can see over these nightmarish months/ days, almost all the regular members have noticed what had been happening here, the moderators have to work for so many extra hours for the less meaningful cleanups. Anyone who has spent quality hours and contribute here have more than enough proof with or without the announcement being published.

One day, I hope to see the sincere apology from those who owe us all here at least on in the forum.

P.S. At least Hateisverb owe Loveisverb an apology, despite you created for me. Hoho~
Apr 30, 2006 03:16
  • PINETREE
Dear Admin,
Is it possible to delete the 2 messages scribbled by Chopsuey & PeterPan in the notes of my profile please ?
Thanks.
Apr 30, 2006 04:24
  • ROGERINCA
Dear, ADMIN...

Also, my Photo Album, has been tampered with and has had inappropriate comments added to some of my photos, by the individual in question here !! Other members should check their profile pages too !! Please delete them !!

May 2, 2006 08:30
  • DENNISTEXAS
If member's privacy is such an issue, then why is this accusation/punishment thing made so public? It seems like everyone takes the internet just a little too seriously...
May 2, 2006 09:58
  • PINETREE
I wish there are such members fighting for me if this happens to me.
May 2, 2006 10:59
  • MORNINGROSE
I have to admit I seldom post here, and mostly lurk as I am trying to pick up travel infor for a trip to china.

BUT, I too, am discouraged by the fact the "punishment announcement" was made so public, but none of the facts were? I see nothing anyone has done so wrong here. To an "outsider" it looks pretty judgemental.

..also...if people were banned, why would the site be utilizing their pics and material contributed? seems like the site, benefits from their presence, even though the individual isnt allowed here.
May 2, 2006 21:45
  • PINETREE
I hope I am reflecting the general views of fellow members.
I think most members are quite sad about this incident. Nobody likes to see fellow members banished. But in this case, probably most members can understand - he has gone way over the limit.
Our ex-member is still trying to garner support to fight his case - as if he has done nothing wrong.
I can recount a few earlier incidents whereby this particular ex member said very nasty things to/about me & another 1-2 members and calling us names openly and yet nobody came out to say a few words for me.
As a result, 1 of these victimised members hardly comes in now.
Where were you then, lady & gentlemen ?
Members know and are sure the Community have concrete/details of his misdeeds/mischiefs as most of us witnessed them. But do you really want them made public ?
I too support the idea that they shouldn't be made public - joining this Community means playing by the rules, like it or not. If u don't trust the integrity of the Community, don't join.
In my views, the publication of the multi-IDs used by this ex-member to create problems and undertake nasty comments about other members incl those in their profiles, is a good move as it summarises what were done by this ex-member without having to go into details - this is to save his face !
Announcing his being banished is also a good move as other members will not be left wondering at and enquiring on his "sudden" demise from the Community. He was after all a "senior" member. This is an act of responsibility on the part of the Admin.
But this latest member's comments are quite valid - perhaps the Admin should consider removing all his posts/ pics/reviews, etc. from this Community as she suggested.
Or are they left here as a mark of appreciation of his otherwise contributions ?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Punishment Announcement ??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code