Menu
Need to extend Visa
May 4, 2006 15:51
  • CHUNGALEW
My visa expires in a week and am wondering, how do I extend my visa here in Suzhou. Is there a travel agent or is there a local office that I can go to file an extension.

Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks
Chunga
May 5, 2006 01:25
  • JABAROOTOO
If you work for a school or University they should take care of this for you. If it is a tourist visa then you can do it yourself.

You have to visit the PSB Public Security Bureau and it will probably take a week depending on your situation.

Suzhou PSB Ph 522 566100 Ext 20593
201 Renmin Lu Look for a lane called Dashitou Xiang by the main gate. The visa office is about 200m down the lane.

Hope this helps out. Compliments of LP
May 5, 2006 15:12
  • CHUNGALEW
Thanks Jabarootoo. Just the info I am looking for.
Jan 11, 2008 18:18
  • VINCE029
Hi, Iam actually in Wuhan with a tourist visa and it will expire in 2 weeks, how can I extend it and what kind of documents I need??
Thanking you in anticipation for your help.
Jan 12, 2008 08:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Just go into the PSB in Wuhan and ask if you can have an extension. It could take up to 7 working days
Don't leave it too late

Good luck
Jan 12, 2008 09:29
  • APAULT
You will need one approved photo and evidence of residency. If you are staying in an approved hotel they will provide you with a form to take to them. If you are staying with friends you will have to get them to take you to the local Police station, where they will fill out a form for you. You will need to tell them you only arrived the day before as the friends should have registered you on arrival.

If you need the full length of the new visa, you should NOT go to the PSB early as the new visa (yes NEW visa, it is not an extension) will not be dated from when the old one expires, but from the date of issue...I ended up, effectively, with a 15 day visa instead of a 30 day one.

!n order to get extra days (for free!) take your passport to the PSB on the very last day of the visa's validity and just pay for normal speed processing. The new will commence from the date of issue, not the expiry date of the old visa. I did this just before a golden week and had 10 visaless days, all quite legally it seems. Travel is difficult in this period as you need your passport to register in a hotel.
Jul 23, 2008 07:11
GUEST91115 HI.I AM IN TAINJIN.I NEED TO EXTEND MY VISA IS THERE ANY AGENCY WHO EXTEND VISA.
Mar 15, 2010 21:30
  • ZZ44
i read throughout this topic but don't know what is PSB?

What is PSB office, Where i can see in Shenzhen

What is PSB website in Shenzhen.

I got F visa to china, but till now my training and business are being continued, so i need to extend my visa at least 1 month

So please help me in shenzhen, i have 5 days expired

Please reach me my email gmail.co|ellenreid.unlimited

or phone 13534149708

Thank you very much
Mar 17, 2010 11:11
  • JABAROOTOO
Ask your training and Business contacts to assist you. After all that is there JOB.
Mar 21, 2010 09:01
  • ELLYSE
PSB = Public Security Bureau = Police.
Why do people think it's ok to overstay visas and then try for an extension?!
Feb 24, 2011 07:51
GUESTHELP ME! Hello everyone!

I don't live in China anymore. Years ago, I lived in Wuhan, China and now I need to get my background check from China.
I do really need to contact the person in charge in PSB of Wuhan. How can I get the email address or the website of Wuhan-PSB? I couldn't find any online information in this case. I just found its phone number, but my Chinese is poor, so that I can not talk on the phone in Chinese!

Someone please help me!
Here is my email: gmail.com|r.november2010

Thanks
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need to extend Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code