Menu
might a month be too long in China?
May 7, 2006 12:01
  • ROCKELEVEN
Im thinking of flying to Beijing from London, then back from Shanghai to London a month later.

Im concerned that maybe I will "get bored"... I dont know. I could travel anywhere, stay in different places as long as I like.

Has anyone been to China for a month? How did it go?

Thanks

--Joe
May 7, 2006 12:58
  • INMEDIC
Hi Joe,

I was in China for 21 days, not quite a month but no I did not get bored. I was with my wife but there is so much to see. You can spend 1 week in Beijing to see the Forbidden City and the Great Wall then spend 1 week in Xian and see the Tericotta warriors. After that you can spend 1 week in Shanghai and another week another place. Anyway, it will not be boring. I hope you will have a nice time during your trip.
May 7, 2006 18:58
  • INCHINA
if u want to go to every province, it will spend u nearly 3 years!!
May 7, 2006 19:41
  • ROGERINCA
Hi Joe,

INMEDIC and INCHINA are both right on the mark !! There is just so much to see in China, even in one month, you will not see it ‘all’ !! I wish I had the available time and the budget to spend a full month, at one time, in beautiful China !!! You are very fortunate in your situation.

To take full advantage of your month, I would check out many of the significant places to visit, as Terry said, Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, and maybe add Guilin, Chengdu, Beihai, and/or Guangzhou to your itinerary. You might ask some of the active members who reside in China, for more suggestions, and then lay out a schedule/route with your travel calendar.

No, I cannot imagine being ‘bored’ in China !!! I cannot wait for my next visit, sometime in June or July !!! I think that after you spend a month in China, and then return home, within a month or so, you will realize how much, you miss the experience of China !! :) :)

May 7, 2006 20:02
  • MELODYCHOW
hi Joe,
Definitely you will not get bored when you spend 1 month in China. this amazing country will offer you so much to see. One month is far not enough,actually.Hahahaha:-))))
May 7, 2006 20:04
  • MELODYCHOW
PS:Beijing, Xian,Guilin and Shanghai...are really worth visiting. You can not miss them.

Enjoy your one-month trip in China.

:)
May 7, 2006 21:32
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
You can also visit the vast and exotic West China. Provinces such as Xinjiang, Tibet, Qinghai, Yunnan, etc. will surely satisfy you!
Enjoy your stay in China!
May 7, 2006 22:56
  • CALIFORNIA
In fact,one month was too short in China!

But I think one month is ok for a main city or places travelling!If you come to China the first time,and Beijing and Xi'an can't be missed!!!

Good luck!!!
May 8, 2006 01:21
  • LEMONCACTUS
Dear Rockeleven,

I currently live here but travelled with a friend for a month last summer. We did a standard route: Sichuan - Guangxi - Yunnan. It was too short, especially as we travelled independently which means you must factor in transport issues. Some places deserve many more days than we could afford to spend in them.

For instance, you could easily spend a week in BJ exploring just the 'main' tourist sites.

China is a vast and spectacular country. Every Province is distinct and unique and there's so much to see and do.

I think a lifetime may be too short to discover everything about this country - boredom will not be a factor, I promise :)

Have a fabulous trip!

PS: I bet you leave China wishing you'd had more time to spend here ;)
May 8, 2006 03:55
  • BELLELI
wow.....Welcome to China! I think after you arrive here, you will think one month is too short. : )

Sanya, the southernmost city in China also can't miss! You should take a try this different place.

Good Luck!
Post a Reply to: might a month be too long in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code