Menu
Visa options for backpacking Canadian heading to US
May 11, 2006 03:29
  • KIAN
Visa options for backpacking Canadian heading to US

I've been backpacking ASIA for a year now. I've had no problems as a Canadian citizen entering and leaving China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Now, I need to head to the USA. Because I'm born in a Middle Eastern capital, I need to know what the policies are at the airport (LAX) for Canadians like me who've been travelling for a year (out of Canada).

I've been to the US before (but as a child) and before 9/11.

I'm not really concerned with getting in to the U.S, rather I'd like to know more about what my visa options are as a tourist? I'd like to backpack across America (starting in California) over the span of several months (and maybe even a year). I'd like to know how long I can stay for and if I can do extentions in country?

I plan to make the trip to the US (via LAX) in October (and I'll probably depart from Asia).

May 11, 2006 11:53
  • INMEDIC
I suggest you stop into the closest American Consulate near you and ask what your options are and what the costs for a visa. I am from the US but I am not sure on visas and costs, but the American Consulate can give you all the information you want to know. I hope this helps you.

Take care
Post a Reply to: Visa options for backpacking Canadian heading to US
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code