Menu
Canadian maple leaf school in Dalian
May 12, 2006 11:08
  • THIDA
Does any one know about that school???
Any comment will be appreciated.
May 12, 2006 11:58
  • MISHEN
They're a fairly well-known and reputable Canadian English school in Dalian. Rumour has it they pay fairly, perhaps even well. Students have always spoke highly of the place.
May 13, 2006 16:07
  • RICKYDEMAS
Hello,

I can't help you with what your question, but im going to Dalian in August to teach for a year, so if you wanna make friends, let me know.

Im Rick, 21 year old from Manchester UK.... cant wait to get over to China again!

Thanks

Rick
Jul 7, 2006 04:21
  • WARREN
Theda - Here is the website for the K-9 school in Dalian

http://www.mapleleaf.net.cn/dmlfns/index.htm
Nov 13, 2006 21:10
  • JRSEARLE
I'm not sure what you'd like to know about the school excatly... but I'm living at the Dalian Maple Leaf school in Dalian (jinshitan) so I can tell you a bit about it.
Basically the students here are taught their standard Chinese curriculum along with the BC curriculum as taught by qualified teachers from BC (a few come from ontario as well). The school also employs several ESL teachers who do not require a BC teaching certificate, only a degree and a TESL certificate.
The Canadian teachers do get paid well (on par with canadian standards) and the ESL teachers also make a very decent wage (20 hours a week, $1600cad or 11,200RMB per month).
There are several campuses operated under the same or similar principles. Another maple leaf highschool just opened in Shenyang this year and there is a middle school near black mountain (outside of dalian) that prepares the students for english immersion.
On the down side, ESL positions are hard to come across due to the pay, which often attracts more experienced teachers. I'm still waiting for a full time position and I've been here since august...
anyway, I hope this answers your questions.
Janette
Dec 30, 2007 00:24
GUEST78010 hello
we are going to dalian for next year.my son is 11 years old. dose any dormitory for parents.
thank you
Jan 14, 2008 03:19
GUESTMOZHGAN hello jrsearle
could you tell me about maple leaf school in dalian.
we are going to dalian in Augest.my son is 11 years old.
Are there any building for parents in this school?
how much is it for 3 years?
could the school provide viza for us?
do you know which school is good?maple leaf or american school in dalian?
thank you
mozhgan
Mar 20, 2008 00:55
GUEST18982 You can check this website http://www.mapleleafschools.com/mainpage_english.html for more info.

I think which school is "good" depends on what is the most suitable for you and what you're looking for. For example, do you want your child to enroll in the Canadian or American curriculum?
Mar 24, 2008 07:00
  • FORREST26
I am visiting Dalian at the end of May beginning of June so i can look for information if you want.
Jun 4, 2008 00:36
GUESTRON Good afternoon - i am a Canadian currently teaching in Heilongjiang province - i am looking for a new job if anyone knows........................ - ron
Jun 4, 2008 00:38
GUESTRON my email is tweedie2007@163,com
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Canadian maple leaf school in Dalian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code