Menu
Where in China can i cuddle a baby Panda?
May 13, 2006 22:56
  • MILLICENT3
My friend and i are visiting China soon and would love to be able to cuddle a Panda. Where in China can we do that? Hope someone can help!!
May 13, 2006 23:24
  • LOVECHINA2
I hope you will not be offened but even a baby Panda is still a wild bear at heart and should be treated as such.Yes,they are so very cute and we would all love to cuddle one:)it is best not to have close contact with any wild animal. This is only my view as both a hunter and lover of wild creatures.
May 13, 2006 23:26
  • PINETREE
That aside, don't think u are allowed to cuddle them - unless with special approval.
But if u wanna see them, go to Sichuan - home of the pandas.
May 14, 2006 00:12
  • LOVECHINA2
On the lighter side of my other post..Remember the saying when shopping?"Lovely to look at,lovely to hold,you break it,consider it sold:))
With wild animals it is "Lovely to look at,Lovely to hold,when it eats you,remember what you were told" hehe:))
May 14, 2006 03:17
  • PINETREE
Naughty naughty.
May 14, 2006 22:27
  • CALIFORNIA
Cuddle???

I don' think you can do that!But I am not sure!
May 15, 2006 04:09
  • BELLELI
Cuddle a baby PANDA???

It seems it's not allowable.

MILLICENT3, if you can do that, please let me know. : ) I will try to do the same thing as what you do.
May 15, 2006 08:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Millicent,
At the Wolong Panda Reserve which is several hours north of Chengdu in Sichuan province you may cuddle a panda of any size for a price!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is avaialable at the Chengdu Panda Research Station just outside Chengdu.

YES You can do it but you'll pay for it. I think Wocca posted some prices in a thread not so long back.
May 15, 2006 23:04
  • SAYHITOANT
I went to Chengdu Panda Research Station in Oct last year. Yes, you can cuddle a baby panda here at a cost of RMB $400 (if I remember correctly). We didnt do it as it was too expensive for us.
May 15, 2006 23:55
  • ROGERINCA
Yes, my friend Tim (Calguy) was in Chengdu this past week, and when he phoned me a couple of days ago, I asked about this, and he said that they wanted $125.00 (approx. 1000 RMB) to hold a Panda at the Research Center. He decided not to spend the money for this. He flew from Chengdu to Guangzhou yesterday, and will return to California early next week, after first visiting some cities in Guangdong Province. :) :)
May 16, 2006 04:08
  • WCTMAN
I am sorry, but I am going to reply in the negative to this post. We, which is you, me, and anyone else reading this post, have no business touching/holding a wild animal such as a Panda. Why? Because, first it is petting, then it is feeding, then it is time for cute Panda tricks...Just take a look at what is being done at Seaworld and at various other wild animal attractions...Do you want the Panda to be treated in the same way? If not, then in my opinion, zero tolerance should be the rule. Look, but do not touch.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where in China can i cuddle a baby Panda?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code