Menu
U.S. Consulate in Nanning?
Apr 11, 2009 18:40
GUEST09435 Would someone please answer my post. guest09435. thank you
Apr 13, 2009 02:50
  • ELLYSE
You would be better off getting the answers from the consulate or embassy instead of asking here!
May 3, 2009 21:43
GUEST51851 The answer to your question is get on the bus or train to Guangzhou. I am married to a Nanning lady and we had to do all our paperwork in China there. We just finished the second year of our 25 year honeymoon. Wish you the same happiness we found.
I do agree with the other poster. A simple phone call would have gotten your answer a lot faster.:-)
Aug 10, 2010 10:32
GUEST32242 I've been in contact with a Lady in Nanning for the past 5 months through the chnlove.com internet site. I've been reading many horror stories about these dating services, which brings me to my question. How could a person determine if this person really exists or if her intentions to marry are legitimate? Does anyone know, how honest the Yibang Rose, Consulting Co., Agency ID 512 is in representing their dating customers? Thank you for any information you may provide.

Doug K
Aug 11, 2010 22:30
GUEST13023 Call her, tell her to get a web cam, and if you believe that she exists, fly there to verify. Not an inexpensive process.
I would be very suspicious with "translating services". Their goal is to make the most money and it's usually the one with the deeper pocket who ends up paying.
Piece of advise, women from places like Nanning, Guangxi, Fujian are checked very carefully by the US consulate and are often denied visas.
Oct 21, 2010 21:54
GUEST90100 I have lived in nanning since december of 09 with the girl i met online. she is a good girl and we are mostly happy. i trust her all the way.

there are some stories about unfortunate matches because the middle man gets involved. there are many women wanting foreign husbands. i think their interest in marriage is genuine. they are generally loyal and honest and they can be very good for someone who is understanding and patient. i think it is best to take your time and make discovery without the agency. once you are connected you need to explore compatibility etc. without third party interests involved. you can skype and when the time is right you can visit. keep your options open. i hope this is helpful
Mar 21, 2011 08:45
GUEST14108 No. You get that usually in the states by getting your divorce records from the court. Then you have them notarized and then you go or send to the secretary of state the notarized statements and they are essentially notarizing the notary.

Then you apply for visa to China and at the same time send these documents in. The Chinese cosulate in the states will give you the marriagability cert.

If it goes wrong which is can , you can to go the consulate in Quangzhou and get it done but again make sure you have the notarized twice divorce papers.

By the way these papers are sort of foolish. It only proves that you have been divorced. They really don't prove you are not married. Go figure.

May 1, 2012 12:23
GUEST85144 When you fist meet and talk to your chinese women it is a bit unbeliveable amazing such beauty kind gentle women is looking for a husband outside there country. But I sujest you do your home work the biggest thing is understanding there culture beliefs way of life. You find it not the same as yours outside china . But if you do your homework learn a differant way of life and marry a women from China you wont be disapionted in any way. Unlike others they take good care of you like no other. Its cheap to fly to Nanning to meet her or Guangzhou for the visa and worth every penny to explore a place some only dream of and you have fond memories that well remember a long time. I married a women from Nanning and would not change a thing for me it is great
Nov 4, 2012 06:52
GUESTPETER all true except one little piece of info missing. you cannot fly US direct to Nanning any way. So fly to Guangzhou and take care of consulate business before flying to Nanning. easy as pie. I arrived in Guangzhou at midnight, my fiance met me there as she came by train from Nanning. we went together from the airport. Stayed one night at a hostel completed consulate business between noon and 2 pm and flew to Nanning at 4:30 arrived in our hotel at 7:00. suggest you check out 7 Days Inn or something similar. do not stay near the airport or at the downtown hotels unless you have to. I pay 120 yuan average per day and 7 yuan for breakfast. 6.2 to 1 yuan to dollar. so yes $21 per day average plus lunch and dinner.
Nov 4, 2012 06:57
GUESTPETER did you ever get your answer? the answer is a simple yes. you have to go to Guangzhou to get your Singleness Affadavit or do so by mail which is very difficult in China. it took me 1 day to fly to Guangzhou get the doc and fly back. bring someone with you who knows Guangzhou to make it quick and easy. I paid my wife's translator friend 400 yuan (about $80 plus his plane fare of $240 was WELL worth the expense!)
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: U.S. Consulate in Nanning?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code