Menu
Tell the truth after you get drunk!!
May 23, 2006 04:38
  • PEA28COCK
In China there is a proverb: You will tell the truth after you get drunk.

To be frank I don't know whether it is true or not, because I have never got drunk till now. Maybe it is true, for alcohol can ease one's nerves. Just a guess.

Man on this forum must have a much more authoritative answer. Hope you share with us, especially female members here. :))))

May 23, 2006 04:42
  • RITA
Hey Peacock,

Are you saying you will pay for wines for all of us here to take the test? Then count me in.:-)lol
May 23, 2006 04:45
  • MAY001
Interesting topic. But I have nothing to share cos I've never drunk.

Just curious, which kind of wine/beer/yellow wine/etc containing more alcohol?? Maybe Er Guo Tou or Vodka?
May 23, 2006 04:56
  • PEA28COCK
Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies.

Tell you the truth, I really want to take the test in person some day. I will have to force myself to get drunk to feel something fantastic. :))

By the way I guess Lao Bai Gan has the most amount of alcohol than Er Guo Tou or other kinds. :)
May 23, 2006 07:10
  • LEMONCACTUS
Very interesting proverb...

Pea28cock you're absolutely right, alcohol is well known for making people relax and lowering inhibitions, therefore you are more likely to say something you wouldn't normally say.

May, I would say there are 3 broad 'categories' of alcohol, roughly as follows...

1. Spirits
Eg: Vodka, Whisky, Rum
Very high alcohol content 30-40% and above... (Bai jiu would come into this category)

2. Wine
Eg: Red/white (usually made from grapes)
Medium alcohol content of around 10-15%

3. Beer/lager
Lowest alcohol content usually around 3-6%

Oooh, just found a website that is more precise about the differences: www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0020762.html

PS: I'm with Rita, if you're paying I'm happy to come along and 'test' the theory.... probably California will too, especially if Xi Xia pi jiu is on the menu!! :)

May 23, 2006 09:50
  • LOVECHINA2
Peacock,
Want to find out?? Drink some EverClear or ClearSpring..190 Proof or 85% alcohol..You won't tell the truth or lie..you will be to busy throwing stones at your own house or kissing the neighors dog thinking it is the most beautiful women in the world...from the inside..lol.
May 23, 2006 09:52
  • LOVECHINA2
Sorry..my math is bad..lol.. that is 95% alcohol
May 23, 2006 19:54
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Lemoncactus,

You are very 'professional' on alcohol, really. :)And I am 90% sure that you are good at drinking. If ever we can meet some day, I will pay the wine or beer or similar for you to take the test. :)

And hi Lovechina2,

The situation you mentioned is really crazy. But still I wanna try if ever possible.
May 23, 2006 19:57
  • CONNY129
Once I met some Sichuan people on the train , they brought white wine with them , it is a kind of (almost) pure alcohol , it is really terrible , but they drank happily even the young girls
May 23, 2006 20:03
  • PEA28COCK
Maybe some people have taken alcohol as an important part of life. No happiness without alcohol. :0
May 23, 2006 20:17
  • CONNY129
that's true ^_^ I prefer fruit beer ,pineapple taste ,haha
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell the truth after you get drunk!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code