Menu
Tell the truth after you get drunk!!
May 31, 2006 03:01
  • KYLE
To tell you the truth...When I drink I find my Chinese really improves. I can remember more words, speak faster, and have more interesting conversations. To tell the truth Ive learned at least half of my Chinese in bars or pubs and they are my favorite places to practice.

Anyone feel the same with English?
May 31, 2006 03:04
  • PINETREE
I didn't know what language I was using when I was drunk the last time. Sounded something like this .... *(%%*(E# !!
May 31, 2006 03:05
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,Kyle,

I agree with you,I had the same experience:-)
May 31, 2006 04:34
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Kyle,

I found your theory is really interesting. Learning Chinese while drinking!

Hi Pinetree,

You said that when a person is drunk, he feel more relaxed. But I have seen that so many people suffer a lot after get drunk.
May 31, 2006 04:43
  • LEMONCACTUS
Kyle, I have a Chinese friend who always says his English gets better when he's had a few beers (but is not too drunk)...

maybe this is because he doesn't worry about making mistakes as he is more relaxed...

or maybe it is because he just doesn't notice all the mistakes he's making... lol :)
May 31, 2006 04:48
  • PINETREE
Hahaha !! I didn't say that exactly :-

: PINETREE | -General- | 2006-05-28 21:02:25 GMT-5
Reply this discussion Reply Back to Discussion list Back
When one is tipsy, he feels more relax, lets his guards down and tends to speak more of the truth - to regret later maybe.
When one is drunk, he either can't speak at all or he forgets what he said during that state. Was he speaking the truth ? Who knows.

UNQUOTE

When TIPSY one feels more relaxed and yes, as LC said, is not afraid to make mistakes.
When DRUNK, it is no fun at all. I vomitted almost the entire night in a hotel at Dalian few yrs ago after over-drinking. I slept by the toilet and my head almost split into 2.
May 31, 2006 04:59
  • PEA28COCK
Hey Pinetree,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. :)

I agree with LC that when people drink a little more they will not that be afraid of making mistakes. So they feel their spoken language is much better. Actually not.
May 31, 2006 08:14
  • CALIFORNIA
Like in the dream???
May 31, 2006 19:42
  • PEA28COCK
Hi California,

You are exactly right. Like in dream! Usually perfect things happen in dreams.
May 31, 2006 22:20
  • SAYHITOANT
Seems like quite a no. of our TCG friends here can drink alcohol. When a person drinks a little more, do you notice that he/she tends to be talk more? When I was in Fuzhou, my chinese friend's father has the habit of drinking white wine during dinner. He was more talkative during dinner time.

I can't really drink and therefore I seldom drink. The only occasion that I drank alot was during my wedding dinner. I don't think I was drank but I couldn't walk straight. My whole face was bloody red! Anyway, I wouldn't want to get drunk after Pinetree had related his experience.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell the truth after you get drunk!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code