Menu
Favorite Domestic Travel Destinations Top 10 of Young Chinese
May 30, 2006 20:42
  • MAY001
Some ppl said East Lake is better than West Lake. Any ideas??
May 30, 2006 20:50
  • PINETREE
Where is East Lake ?
May 30, 2006 21:51
  • RITA
There is an East Lake in Wuhan, but i am not sure if that is the one Mayoo1 talked about.:)
May 30, 2006 22:20
  • SAYHITOANT
Hangzhou is no doubt a beautiful lake but not quite lift up to its reputation as "Above is heaven, below is Hangzhou" or Paradise on earth. Maybe, I visited the place at a wrong time (Sep 2002) or the tour guide did not bring us to best spots in Hangzhou or perhaps, my expectation on West Lake was a little too high. In my opinion, Jiuzhaigou is truly the Paradise on Earth. I hope those who live in Hangzhou do not get offended with my comments here.

I have not visited East Lake but I have been to Small West Lake. It is also a very beautiful place but I can't remember where it is located.
May 30, 2006 22:28
  • PINETREE
From my experience, I believe that going with tour group is not the best way to enjoy a place. To maximise enjoyment, I think one should be in the right frame of mind - ie relaxed with plenty of time & at opportune time.
Timing is very important for me - it helps to place me in the right mood. I love spring & autumn for my travel.
And od cos the right companion - not with strangers in a group tour.
Agree ?
May 31, 2006 01:22
  • CALIFORNIA
I agree with you totally,pinetree!And I have never travelled with a tour group.

I have been to the East Lake in Wuhan,it was so huge,just said that 12 times than West Lake.
May 31, 2006 01:23
  • ROGERINCA
Ahhhhhhhhhh…….My friend Pinetree, we seem to agree that the some of the most beautiful, kind, and intelligent women in China, live and work in Xi’an; therefore, my view is that a [tour] organized/conducted by the TCG group, would most likely be VERY enjoyable !!?? LOL LOL In this regard, I am looking forward to my Yangtze River Tour/Cruise, next year !! :) :)
Jun 1, 2006 08:10
  • SAYHITOANT
I agree with you too, Pinetree. But since most of my travel trips were with my wife (and with my mother occasionally), I opted for tour group as I thought it would be safer for them. Besides, our directional sense are not very good.

One of the few occasions that we were not with a tour group was our trip to Fujian. My kind chinese friend took leave to show us around her home town. We tried many local delicacies, did alot of mountain climbings and had the rare opportunity to see how the local lives and eats We also tried her mum's homecook dishes. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable trip.

Jun 2, 2006 03:29
  • PINETREE
Hey Roger, that's a wonderful idea.
This was raised before but I believe it was plenty of talk and nothing materialised.
It is difficult to organise - as most members are spread all over and there will be different ideas.
However, if TCG or anyone can organise one, I would join - just give me 3 months' notice. Xian is a good target.
Jun 2, 2006 03:31
  • CALIFORNIA
Me toooooooooooo!!!
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Favorite Domestic Travel Destinations Top 10 of Young Chinese
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code