Menu
Shamian Island Youth Hostel
Jun 3, 2006 15:58
  • DANIELC

Hi, I'll be in Guangzhou for a couple of days on my way to Guilin from Hong Kong.

Does anyone know if there's a website where I can book accomodation at the youth hostel on Shamian Island?

Cheers

Dan
Jun 4, 2006 08:14
  • RUNNERMORE
The Youth Hostel, No. 2, Fourth Street, Shamian Island, (diagonally across the street from the landmark White Swan Hotel) +86 20 8121-8298. Clean, convenient and reasonably priced for Guangzhou. English is spoken. There are only 8 dorm beds RMB50 per night, and hotel type rooms which should probably be the cheapest western-style accommodation in Guangzhou. Reservations accepted.

Jun 4, 2006 12:57
  • DANIELC
Thanks, I was hoping to find a way to book it online. I'll give the phone a go instead then.

Dan
Nov 14, 2011 04:43
GUEST15358 Don't stay at this hostel. The staff is unfriendly and slow. More of a cheap hotel than a hostel. No wifi, no local map, no knowledge of the local area and everyone in our dorm room (#201) got bitten by numerous bedbugs to which the management either didn't care or didn't believe us despite over 50 bites. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place.
Nov 15, 2011 00:37
  • GIONVIA
would like to suggest you to stay in Victory hotel , also located on shamian island .If you can afford , try to book the room on west section ,with balcony, good place to enjoy after a hard walking day . Cheers.
Post a Reply to: Shamian Island Youth Hostel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code