Menu
How hard will it be to watch the world cup in China?
Jun 4, 2006 07:09
  • DANIELC
Hi, I'm going to be in China throughout the world cup. I'll be in Hong Kong, Guangzou, Guilin and Yangshuo for the group stages and Beijing for the second round onwards.

How hard is it going to be to find places showing matches, especially with the 8 hour time difference between UK and China?

Thanks a lot

Dan

p.s. If anyone can suggest good places to watch the football that would be great!

Jun 4, 2006 07:49
  • RUNNERMORE
Live telecasts on CCTV-5 or other channels. I know that many bars are well prepared for the World Cup. Don't worry. It's not hard at all. Just prepare for the time difference and enjoy it!:)
Jun 4, 2006 11:30
  • APAULT
The real question is how people who dont want to watch the World Cup can avoid it! You won't have any problem.. though you might need some local help identifying the team names. The Cup might be different, but they usually overwrite the western script team names with the Chinese character names.
Jun 4, 2006 12:55
  • DANIELC
Thanks for the reasurance.

Now, I wonder if there will be anywhere with English commentry... but that's probably to much to ask for!

Cheers

Dan
Jun 5, 2006 00:14
  • CALIFORNIA
All the bars will show world cup in that periods,and you can go there and cheer with others!
Jun 5, 2006 01:12
  • CONNY129
I agree with APAULT , the really hard thing is how to avoid to watch the match ^_^
Jun 5, 2006 02:24
  • PINETREE
There are many sports bar where u can watch soccer. Am sure they will telecast the WC live.
If u cannot find one with English commentary, suggest follow what we did : rent a room in a posh hotel and u can switch the commentary to English. Talk to the hotel management, they might charge u much less than the normal room rate. Hahaha !!
Post a Reply to: How hard will it be to watch the world cup in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code