Menu
Need help looking to live/work in Yichang
Jun 5, 2006 23:45
  • METRAN
Hi everyone,
I am an (English-speaking) Chinese-American looking into finding work in Yichang, China. I just got back from a 3 week tour throughout all of China (except Tibet), and just fell in love with the place! Can someone tell me where or how to begin looking for a job teaching English? I have a bachelor's and a master's degree, but none are in English. I was also not born in America - would this be an obstacle to obtaining a teaching job?
I deeply appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Jun 6, 2006 00:24
  • PINETREE
There is an advertisement here recruting English language teachers. U seem to fit the bill except that you are not native English-speakers - or are u ??
Jun 6, 2006 00:51
  • METRAN
I am not sure how "native speaker" is defined? I was educated entirely in California public schools since pre-school, though I came here when I was 3 years old from Vietnam with my parents. What is the recruiting program called? There are so many and I don't know how to select the best one- especially for adequate housing and level of friendliness to foreigners. If anyone has been through a specific program they enjoyed, it would be helpful and more reassuring.
Thanks for your response.
Jun 7, 2006 03:29
  • PINETREE

Try this website :-
www.globalcrossroads.com/china/

Good luck.
Jun 7, 2006 23:08
  • ALICEGAO
I have some friends who are local people in Yichang, maybe I can try to ask some infor. for you, but I'd like to know more about your requirements for the job there and your information.
My email: yahoo.com.cn|alice_gao406
Aug 20, 2008 22:03
GUEST30187 hi
i am wesley .i want to teach english .if somebody has connection then plz contact me at 15926962240
and i am from australia
Post a Reply to: Need help looking to live/work in Yichang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code