Menu
Where is keng-hai city, woon-yan town or ka-check town,we-kim village in Hainan
Jun 10, 2006 13:11
  • LEEJOHN68
I want to go back to my ancestor's home town in Hainan but I do not know where the town is !. Here is a translation of the address given to me:
Hainan province, Keng-Hai city, woon-yan town (near to Ka-check town), we-kim village. Can someone help how to get there from Haikou. I intend to be there on 16.7.2006 to 22.6.2006.
Jun 10, 2006 20:50
  • LEEJOHN68
I have found the place from the Web. Now can someone tell me how to take a public transport from Haikou to Qionghai. (Qionhai is also known as Ka-Check town). thanks.

Jun 10, 2006 22:22
  • COLLINS
You may take the bus at the Haikou East Bus Station, which is opposite the Wugong Temple. The bus fare is about 16 yuan.

Public bus No.1 and 11 can take you to the Wugong Temple.
Jun 10, 2006 22:30
  • LEEJOHN68
Thank you very much. Very much appreciated.
Another question:
From Qionghai town, I believe there should not be a problem to take a transport to village house. Question is how to return to town hotel ?

Ask the driver to wait ? At least few hours. What is the normal charge like .
thanks and Regards

Lee Cheow Liang
@
hotmail.com|ttshlee.
Jun 11, 2006 00:02
  • PINETREE
Everthing is arrangeable in China. The driver would be most pleased to wait for you to bring u back to town. U don't have to ask him - he will ask u ! Negotiate with him on the rate - should be cheaper than the rate u pay for bringing u there. They are good businessmen. At worst the villagers will help u arrange - maybe go back on a horse-carriage or sedan chair !
Jun 11, 2006 00:15
  • LEEJOHN68
Wonderful. thank you.
Jun 11, 2006 01:19
  • COLLINS
Yes, that is true! Villagers will be of help.
Have you found the we-kim village in woon-yan town? I cannot find such a town named like this in Qionghai.
Jun 11, 2006 08:46
  • LEEJOHN68
Yes, woon yan (literal translation in English. don't know how to write in Chinese here)village, quite near to Jiali (Qionghai) Town. Should have no problem. Thanks.

Jun 11, 2006 09:01
  • COLLINS
Good luck to you :)
Jun 15, 2006 21:41
  • BELLELI
Don't know why foreigners translate some names of Hainan city so strange.

Ka-Check town is Qionghai? oh, can't understand. One of my friends also sent some stuff to me to translate. He is also a Hainanese in Singapore. Don't know how to translate. It seems they are no any relationship each other. :(

Hi, Leejohn, how do you know Ka-Check town means Qionghai?

Thanks!
Jun 16, 2006 00:07
  • LEEJOHN68
Dear Belleli,

I am an English educated elderly Hainanses man. Unlike my children, I did not learn Hanyu Pinyin while I am in school in the 1960+. I used the name "Ka-Check" town in my earlier posting as it is a literal verbal translation in Hainanes dialect of "Jiali" town. Are you a Hainanese ? I suspect you are not !! It was only later that I found out from the Web Maps in Chinese that the town I was looking for is actually "Qionghai" town. "Qionghai" town is still also known as "Jiali" town. Right or wrong !!!!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where is keng-hai city, woon-yan town or ka-check town,we-kim village in Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code