Menu
Guanzhou-Guilin - Yangshou
Jun 24, 2006 15:28
  • MURRU
We just arrived back to Finland from Yangshuo. That`s a place where we certainly go again. This was our third time in China (Beijing and Shanhai before).
Some advice for you.
When you come to Guilin. DON`t go to the touristoffice at the railwaystation. They cheat you. The tickets to the bus from Yangshuo to Guilin is in Yangshuo over 120 yuan cheaper!!! And the guy there lied to us. said the bus is luxury but it wasn`t at all!!! SO DON`T BUY THE TICKETS AT THE RAILWAYSTATION!!!

In Yangshuo go to the Holiday Inn hotel. There you get BEST ServiCE ever. Elevi - one of the staff is very helpful and kind person. A night there cost 80 yuan/night(a room for 2 persons). We were first nights in the Paradise hotel nearby but the location of this Holiday Inn is perfect. You can hire bikes (10 Y/day) also from here.

The people in Yangshuo are very friendly . If you are nice , the people towards you are nice.
We spoke a little Chinese and the service everywhere else than Guilin was excellent!
Jun 24, 2006 15:59
  • MURRU
I mean from Yangshuo to Guangzhou the ticet by bus was 120 yuan MORE EXPENSIVE when bought from the Guilin railwaystation touristoffice than bought from YUANGSHOU!
Jun 24, 2006 18:37
  • JDECASANOVA
do you suggest making a reservation at the holiday inn or just going there ?
Jun 25, 2006 07:49
  • MURRU
Just going there. Or you cane-mail Eleavy.
her address is :
hotmail.com|eleavy-mo

Plese tell her regards from the Finnish family.
Hope you a nice holiday there!
Jun 25, 2006 08:08
what a cute person ~ it is true that most tourismoffice cheat foreigner . besides the tickets , and the hotels , which they can get some money from when arrange you there . that is how i learnt during last summer vacation as a part-time tourism guide in Chongqing . So i suggest foreign friends do not go to the tourism offices . try to do things yourselves !

Jun 25, 2006 08:17
  • PINETREE
But how could they cheat you if the ticket showed the price u paid ? Or was it not shown ?
As long as it is the official published prices, they cannot be accused of cheating. In an open market, free forces play. You bargain or find the best place to buy at the cheapest. Commission/reward is normally given to agents for helping sell the tickets.
Nobody does anything for free.
Jun 25, 2006 09:51
  • MURRU
I have to say that we were so "simpleminded" that we din`t see any prices. We just believed what he said there. So that is a lesson number one. Don`t trust always to people. We have tarvelled abroad every summer since 1984 and this is the first time that this happened (or we did notice it!)
When we went to Yangshou they said that the man had cheated us and said we can complain about it to to the police. We did it but it was the last day there so we don`t know what happened next. Anyway the police has got the name of the guy.
Oct 13, 2007 05:59
GUEST13244 I'm Michael From Bimbi NSW Australia.

I have just come back from Yangshou where I met a very charming young man who gave a night tour of Yangshou. He was about 154cm tall and spoke excellent English, a farmer living about 9kms out and an opera singer. I want to find him and keep in contact so when I go back to Yangshou I could visit his family on the farm hopefully next year.

If anyone in Yangshou could help me find this wonderful person I would be most appreciated.
He gave me his email address but I lost it in the travel somewhere.

Thanyou for reading this message

Michael Bradley iprimus.com.au|mapb3
2 Grenfell St,
Bimbi NSW 2810
Australia
61 2 63471192
Oct 14, 2007 03:25
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Murru,

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions that has always lingered in my mind about a trip from Yangshuo to Guangzhou. How much does it cost for a bus ticket from Yangshuo to Guangzhou? and how long does it take? are there a lot of layovers and how comfortable is a trip like that?

Much appreciated.
Danny
Oct 14, 2007 22:40
  • ELLYSE
http://www.yangers.com/How_to_get_to_Yangshuo.htm
250 RMB.
Oct 14, 2007 22:40
  • ELLYSE
http://www.yangers.com/How_to_get_to_Yangshuo.htm
250 RMB.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Guanzhou-Guilin - Yangshou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code