Menu
What U See @ The WC ??
Jun 26, 2006 01:16
  • PINETREE
The WC is about half over. Thirty-two teams from all the continents are there to show off their skills.
Whilst people watch the matches, I also watch the players, referees & the spectators - I watch their behaviour.

And I observe some pecularities. I start off with 1 :-

The players - most of whom know each other and some are even teammates at club level. But often they resorted to rough play & even fought on the pitch. But almost immediately after they were sent off, they were seen chatting together like pals !

Is this normal or is this weird ? What you say ?
Am sure there are other interesting observation too. Like to share ?
Jun 26, 2006 01:38
  • CONNY129
the abbreviation of World Cup is quite funny :)

I have to say that a few referees are not quite fair when judge the game no matter it is their misplay or ...
Jun 26, 2006 02:02
  • PEA28COCK
Hi Conny,

I totally agree with you. The abbreviation of the World Cup is too funny. WC???~!!!

Whose creation??
Jun 26, 2006 04:01
  • PINETREE
What is there to see at a WC ?!
Jun 26, 2006 17:38
  • GAZ07
Less blame on referees - more blame on the desperate, cheating players who make the referee's job difficult.

Italy, Portugal, Holland (goodbye and good riddence).... shame on them.

Jun 26, 2006 17:50
  • WCTMAN
Hockey players, Canadian's in particular, will bare knuckle fist fight with their opponents and then go for dinner or beers with each other after the game. No problems. When the game is over, it is over. It is sort of an unwritten code of ethics. I suppose it is the same with football players. You have no friends on the field, but plenty of friends off the field.
Jun 26, 2006 19:58
  • LEMONCACTUS
Yes, I feel sorry for the referees sometimes, they have a tough job and often it's very difficult to tell 'who' is to blame... even when we get to see the slow motion replay.

Mainly at the World Cup I see a lot of emotion, expressed in many different ways, because everyone (players, spectators etc) is very passionate.

I love to see so many different nationalities supporting their countries.

Most of all I love the fact that I am English and in China watching and enjoying the games with my Chinese friends, it is a very unique experience.
Jun 26, 2006 20:55
  • PINETREE
Generally we see players playing harder & better at the WC than they are at club levels. Is this nationalism at play ?
Jun 26, 2006 21:00
  • CONNY129
the incredible shoot make me feel exciting ,and the passionate of spectators influence me to shout out even jump up,no matter what the result is ,the stirring match do bring me a lot of happiness and joy
Jun 26, 2006 21:17
  • CONNY129
mostly they are fight for honor ,who don't want to be the No.one ? what behind the team is the supporting from their motherland , if I could be one of the player ,I will definitely try my best to fight
Jun 26, 2006 21:20
  • PINETREE
Yes, the referees have a tough job. But they are paid very well - approx us$30K for this WC serie + airticket + food & lodging. And they have the enviable job of telling and punishing some VIP players !
The players will try to impress so that they can command a higher value from interested clubs - but they risk injuries, etc.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What U See @ The WC ??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code