Menu
2:0, Italy won!
Jul 9, 2006 23:02
  • PINETREE
I think 1 of the Italian players said something nasty to him as Zidane walked past him to resume the game - probably racial ? If so, then I don't blame him. Zidane, unlike Rooney, has not been known to be aggressive.
U know the Spanish coach called T. Henry a "black shit". There were/are other racial abuses on the coloured players in most of Europe.
Jul 10, 2006 03:33
  • PINETREE
hahaha !! Heard that the new England's manager has decided to ban WAGS for future major competition ? At least this guy knows where part of the problem lies - concentrate on soccer, not women !!
Jul 10, 2006 07:13
  • MURY
I am working from Nice (France) ATM and the city REALLY geared up for the french "win" (All cities did) Sine Nice is close to Italy - it was a real France vs Italy thing.

Zidane actually was being "held" by an Italian player and as they walked away from the tackle - words seems to pass - then the headbut.
Basically unacceptable behaviour and the red card was proper. Italy deserved the win in more ways than one.

It was especially niticable after the match the city was sooooo quiet. The Italians here were not able to celebrate to loudly or there may have been trouble :)

Today - its very quiet in France - any Italian tourists will undoubtably be getting very bad service - the French dont like loosing :)
Keep well.

Jul 10, 2006 08:22
  • RUNNERMORE
The saddest moment

Jul 10, 2006 21:02
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,poor Italia and France,but happy Deutchland,haha:-)
Jul 11, 2006 06:33
  • PINETREE
So I was correct - that Italian player racially abused Zidane as well as about his mother & sis.
I suppose it is easy for people to say that for headbutting the Italian he ought to be sent out. But which was worse - esp now that they know the real reason behind it ? No punishment for that Italian player ?
Why can't this sort of things be stemmed out ? The reason is not too difficult to apprehend.
We see this in everyday life. Yet these racists get away with it frequently - because they do it "discreetly". I can tell u, there so many racists sitting out at the top of those positions - they just pretend that they are not & will openly condemn racism. But when their own interest are threatened or jeopardise, they are just like that Italian player & that Spanish coach.
They are usually not the ones who get racially abused, so they don't feel much about it. And if you observe, who are these abusers ?
So sad.
So foolish.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 2:0, Italy won!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code