Menu
Do Chinese People Really Believe in God?
Mar 31, 2010 12:06
GUESTHI Hi,

I am Chinese. I would say most Chinese people believe:

Chinese folk religion > Taoism / Daoism > Buddhism > Confucianism > Christianity > Muslim

Unlike Christianity, a chinese may believe mixed religion, typically believe Confucianism + Buddhism + Taoism / Daoism + Chinese folk religion.
Also, Christianity is growing fast in China. More and more (esp. young people and university student ) believe Jesus and Bible.
Some province may have relatively high population believe Muslim, e.g. Xinjiang.

Some Chinese may claim themselves as agnostic/atheist, but they may visit temple and worship to some Chinese God.
Apr 2, 2010 03:00
  • ALIEEN
If God teach us to be good, why do believers critize non-believers? Or tolerance is not considered as a good thing? Don't say Chinese people believe in God just because u believe in HIM, ok?
May 22, 2010 17:57
GUEST22581 You are very smart. You dont down us for believing in God. and that is what is good. Thank you. May God bless you and you get what you been wanting tomorrow. May God bless you.
Sep 12, 2010 06:28
GUEST19193 Have any one of you guys ever seen any Chinese prey to God without personal wishing?
Sep 29, 2010 00:29
GUEST55209 I feel sorry for those people who say they do not believe in God. Regardless of the religious sect. Even so called atheiasts. They are only fooling themselves. Possibly because of some trauma earlier in life. But, I would like to point out that I think legitimately, there are different concepts of what God is. Is God an entity or an idea of the Universe. It really doesn't matter. It is part of our human nature to believe in a higher entity than us. Something or someone who was responsible for our existence as human beings. I have never met anyone who truly believed that there is no God. What a lonely and hopeless existence that kind of person must live.
Sep 29, 2010 17:51
  • APAULT
hahaha.... who is fooling themselves???????

Jan 30, 2011 07:17
GUEST24245 Good Day . I just want to ask .. chinese people religion is Buddhism right ? do they also believe in Jesus ? because they have CHINESE CHRISTMAS .. please reply .. i just need to know :)
Jan 31, 2011 20:04
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST24245

Good Day . I just want to ask .. chinese people religion is Buddhism right ? do they also believe in Jesus ? because they have CHINESE CHRISTMAS .. please reply .. i just need to know :)

Not all Chinese believes in Buddhism. Christmas Day in China is totally different. Young people just hang out at Christmas Eve and it is a good opportunity to do business. And there are Chinese people who believe in Jesus.
Jun 16, 2011 04:22
GUEST22199 The chinese people I know are Taoists.
That is the "pure 3" religion a previous poster was talking about.
3 main deities. i believe it's mostly a cultural thing they inherited.
there are also christians, buddhists, muslims, etc.
I've seen fate, luck, be mentioned more in spiritual things than God or these Three Gods.
I believe its like asking "What is the religion of America?"
The answer is like many, subjective.
Peace!
Jun 23, 2011 02:43
  • SUSAN205060
No, it is Budda but not GOD.
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do Chinese People Really Believe in God?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code