Menu
Beijing to Shanghai
Jul 11, 2006 14:07
  • BACKPACKGIRL
I will be traveling from Beijing to Shanghai at the end of August. I have a friend who got a free flight there with her Air China ticket from the states, but I didn't because of booking differences. Anyway - I was wondering if its worth it to also book a flight or is it a good idea to take the train ride down alone and meet her?? Is it true that its cheaper to book flights once in China or should I try to book before I leave? Thanks for the help!
Jul 11, 2006 19:40
  • RUNNERMORE
There're several trains from Beijing to Shanghai everyday, take at least 12 hours, cost(Train No. Z21): hard seat: 179, soft:283, hard sleeper:327, soft sleeper:499.
The flights shuttle between the 2 cities. It takes 2 hours. I searched online, the prices are about 900(tax included) for this week.
You can book the ticket from the hotel or travel agent a couple of days before departure. Maybe you can get better discount at that time. Good luck!
Jul 12, 2006 11:34
  • BETWEENUS21
its generally much cheaper to purchase a flight when u r in China from a local travel agent, and the flight from Shanghai to Beijing will take about 1.5 hrs. Travel agencies esp from the States will quote much higher prices and even internet search on US/Europe based are generally higher and even be overly expensive.
Post a Reply to: Beijing to Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code